New tower speaker question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New tower speaker question

All stereophonic people, question for you. Can you run Rev and icon tower speakers off the same amp? Was thinking of running a new set of Icon 8's and Rev 10's on the tower to replace the little 6's i currently have. I was told on the dock this summer that you need to run Revs and Icons on separate amps? Thoughts? Trying to upgrade my stereo in a part of the US with zero stereo dealers.
    Attached Files

With a properly powered pair of rev-10, you would not need, or even notice, the Icon-8, so moot point

With that said, I typically do not suggest running different sizes, and even more importantly, different types. As in a mix of caox and HLCD. IF some one wants to run a mix, you would not want to run them pair on the same chnls. Main reason being, is you are forced to tune to the smaller/least power handling speaker. In your case, you would be setting a cross-over and gain to suite the smaller 8" coax. This usually leaves a lot of potential from the larger HLCD, on the table.

Now, can you run your above scenario on the same amp? Sure, the right one though. Say, like the Wet Sounds SDX-6. About 450W rms to each Rev-10 and 185W rms to each icon. But as stated, no need to run this setup./ Besides, it would cost more.

Where are you located? Let me know if I can help any further.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I wish i was near North Carolina as i'd have you do it for me for sure!. I'm in NW Montana. Not a lot of anything in this part of the world.

So your saying you'd stick with a single set of Rev 10's and not bother with the 8's. I will be running them on a new amp also.

Comment

Yes, one pair of large HLCD, like the Rev-10 will do the job. No need to run a pair of smaller coaxial along side.

Check your PM box
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

FWIW I run a single 9” HLCD kicker pair, and I can rock the boat docks on the shore line pretty well (but I don’t because that would make me an ******* ) so I wouldn’t feel bad about stopping there

That being said, no one will call you lame for having 4. Lol. But I’m also 6’5” and less stuff to know my head on is better for my long term health.

Good luck man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X