WS-420 BT with OEM stereo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WS-420 BT with OEM stereo?

2019 ZX1 with factory DSP amps (replaced after the amp recall from wetsounds) with two pairs of REV10's on the tower. I've mentioned this before on the forum but the factory tune on the tower speakers has way too much treble, to the point that it's just painful at reasonable volumes for a surfer or wakeboarder. Our solution has been to use the equalizer on my phone and dial the treble way back which makes the tower sound great, but then the cabin speakers lack a ton of treble. This winter I'm planning on adding another sub and amp (both will be wet sounds) and wondered if having the WS-420 installed could solve this issue. I'm not sure how well it would wire into the factory stereo? If it would be a good solution, is it something the dealer could do, or should it be done at a marine audio shop? All help is greatly appreciated!
    2019 ZX1 Central Texas

Ive heard the ICE does not play well with additional components placed into the signal stream, so I would go with a dealer that is also a reputable installer. Although the 420 does allow for independent attenuation of the in-boats and tower zones, you will still be dealing with the hi-pass settings within the DSP amps.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

It makes me a little nervous to add the 420-BT if the ICE is prone to have an issue when adding components. When the dealer first swapped out our DSP amps, it took three more trips back to the dealer to remove the feedback in the tower speakers. Which sure confirms your point..... so I won't be taking it to this dealer for the install. But if we could find a good shop to do the install, I think this would be perfect solution. And I can't help but think that if it can be wired in, then there is a way to keep the sound clean without feedback, but maybe I'm being stubborn. I think its worth a shot, as its way more cost effect then swapping the amps out for old school tunable amps. I'm also fine with staying within the hi-pass settings, I just want to dial back the upper end of the high frequencies.

Just to clarify chpthril, when you say to go with a dealer that is also a reputable installer, I assume youre talking about a tige dealer, and not just a wet sounds dealer. Is this correct?
      2019 ZX1 Central Texas

Comment

Not necessarily boat dealers, but marine audio installer with experience.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

louisparker,

What part of central Texas are you located?

Comment

What did you do to get rid of the feedback in the tower speakers? Mine hum like crazy when I mute the music, engine running or not. (Actually I think they hum all the time, just notice it more when I mute the music.)

Comment

I'm about an hour North of Austin. I'd be willing to drive pretty far to know the work would be done right.
              2019 ZX1 Central Texas

Comment

The dealer installed a filter and apparently refreshed the amps or computer, I'm not quite sure as the person at the dealer that explained it to me was not the one who did the work. I've recently noticed there is still a hint of white noise that is noticeable when the music is muted, but it's only out of the tower and its not to bad. Anytime I hear it and I mention it, everyone else in the boat says they can't hear it.
                2019 ZX1 Central Texas

Comment

Working...
                X