Batteries dying too often.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help trying to power my aftermarket stereo system without killing the batteries so quickly.

I currently have 2 wet sounds rev 10 tower speakers, 8 6.5 “ Rockford fosgate speakers in the boat, one 10” sub and one 15” in sub. Using 3 amps to power the system.

I’m also using 2 heavy duty marine master batteries and one deep cycle energizer battery all connected in parallel. It seems like the batteries are dying out way to fast when the boat is off. Even when the stereo is not running at full capacity.

I heard getting a solar battery charger might be a good option to throw on the batteries while only running the stereo. Also not sure if getting one more battery would help.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by ArizonaLaker View Post
    Need some help trying to power my aftermarket stereo system without killing the batteries so quickly.

I currently have 2 wet sounds rev 10 tower speakers, 8 6.5 “ Rockford fosgate speakers in the boat, one 10” sub and one 15” in sub. Using 3 amps to power the system.

I’m also using 2 heavy duty marine master batteries and one deep cycle energizer battery all connected in parallel. It seems like the batteries are dying out way to fast when the boat is off. Even when the stereo is not running at full capacity.

I heard getting a solar battery charger might be a good option to throw on the batteries while only running the stereo. Also not sure if getting one more battery would help.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

What’s the total wattage of Amps? What class are the Amps? What size alternator do you have? Do you use charger to charge the batteries when not in use(like when in storage). Do you have a separate crank battery or are 3 used for house and crank? How old are the batteries?

Last edited by Bamer; 07-21-2019, 08:46 PM.

Comment

I’m also using 2 heavy duty marine master batteries and one deep cycle energizer battery all connected in parallel
      This is an issue for me. You should have 3 identical batteries and in a perfect world, they should have all be brand new when they went into this configuration.

Next up, how are you recharging these when you come off the water?

Voltage? What is the starting and finishing voltage?
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I’d go with the rule of thumb that any time you have batteries connected in parallel, you should use the the same brand and age like chp said and I’d always keep a charger on them. If the batteries are not evenly balanced well they can discharge each other overall several days, weeks or months depending on the actual batteries.

Comment

I do agree with all the above statements. I have done all the above but I also use a solar charger. Since where the boat is stored is outside and there is no available power to plug into.
          IMG_1080.jpg
          sorry thought it might come out upside down. you will have to stand on your head to view.
          Last edited by gumby; 07-22-2019, 10:04 PM.

Comment

How fast is too fast?

Comment

Working...
            X