Polk Head Unit Will Not Turn On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys I need some serious emergency help here. I’m supposed to be headed on a 6 hour road trip with the boat this morning and my entire stereo is dead. The last few days I’ve been cleaning up the stereo wires and putting in a new amp rack. Everything is all in place. But I can’t get the Polk head unit to power up from Tige touch. I checked and there is power to the head unit at the in line fuse. There is also power to the remote in the glove box. I feel like I’m missing something simple here. The killer is the boat has been in the body shop for almost 3 months and I have not tested the stereo since I’ve had it back. So I’m not sure if it was working properly before or not.

If the head unit is toast, is the dealer the best place to pick up a new head unit in a hurry? Any recommendations?

Edit: 2015 RZ4 with 4 rev 10s, Syn 6, syn 4, 420, and stock Polk head unit. The more I think about this the more I think the head I it might be toast. I couldn’t get the sat radio working on it awhile back and it was def something with the head unit then.
    Last edited by BlackoutATX; 07-03-2019, 11:08 AM.
    BABz - babzusa.com
    Austin, TX

checked and there is power to the head unit at the in line fuse. There is also power to the remote in the glove box.
    How did you determine "power"? I would want to verify battery voltage on the black box's black and red switched 12V with key on. Thats all the head needs to come alive.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      How did you determine "power"? I would want to verify battery voltage on the black box's black and red switched 12V with key on. Thats all the head needs to come alive.
      First I checked for power at the syn 6 main power cables at the amp. Looked good. So then I tried to work towards the head unit. For the remote I just unplugged the wires from the back and used a volt meter reading there. I believe it was showing around 14. For the box I used the meter to the inside of the inline fuse (empty) for + and to the harness for ground. I didn’t see anywhere to get a reading off the red and black on the actual Polk box with the tips I have. But that was pretty close. Unless there is something up with that actual inline fuse holder or the short distance from there to the box. Inline fuse itself looks good. Even pulled another 20 amp fuse from the dash to make sure. Since the amps were kind of “hanging” there while I mounted the new amp rack board, I checked the connections and all looks good. Any ideas?

Edit: also my dealer has nothing in stock at all. So I’m going to have to find somewhere that’s rocks these things. Yikes.

Edit 2: I figured it out. Short version is I had a loose connection. It was wrapped in electrical tap so I didn’t know it had come undone. All that work for one stupid connection. Thanks for the help chp!
      Last edited by BlackoutATX; 07-03-2019, 05:45 PM.
      BABz - babzusa.com
      Austin, TX

Comment

When you say harness, you mean the opaque white square connector ( think thats what they use as everyone else uses the same connector) thats about 6" down from the black box? The red wire and black wire in that connector? Thats as close as you can get so if you measured battery voltage there, then that its, box is dead.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
        X