Help with Syn 6 Configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Syn 6 Configuration

I have an older full Wetsounds 3some setup with in boat speakers and subs. My subs went this year and I have to replace them. I have a syn 6 which powers 4 in boat speakers and then 3 10 inch subs and an htx4 running the tower speakers. The guy who owned the boat before me installed the system and was running 3 10 inch polk mm1040ums on it. My question is what gets me the most power for this amp. Single voice coil / dual and do I buy 2 ohm or 4 ohm subs. Thanks for the feedback in advance!

Just to clarify; three (3) 10" woofers? Where are they all located and what are the enclosure types of each woofer?

You are positive the 3 woofers, all powered by the same amp chnl(s), are bad/blown, and not an issue with the amp?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yes 3 10" woofers. They are in a sealed box which houses all 3 that is in the large compartment on the port side under the dash. Amps are mounted in the same area.

The dealer at the place I keep my boat does most of the work on it. It's a Centurion dealer and they are also a wetsounds certified dealer. They tested the amp as that was initially what I thought the problem was and they said the amp was good and it was the speakers that had shorted out.

Comment

Ok, here is how I would make the most of the system:

Move the Pro 3-Some to the Syn-6 = 200W rms to each pro-80 and 600w rms to the pro-485

Move the four in-boats to the HTX4 for 100W rms to each

Move from 3 10" woofers in a sealed enclosure and go with two 12" in a ported enclosure. Drive them with a single mono amp.

This will be a night and day difference overall.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

That makes a lot of sense. This is why I ask people that know more than I do. Thank man I appreciate the advice. Replacing the subs is meant to be a temp fix as I'm planning to build a box that will sit under the captains chair how most of the new boats are setup so I'm not loosing all the space in the port side compartment. I can probably only fit 2 10s under the captains chair or I could go with one Revo 12xxx or a Revo15xxx. You have an opinion on that?

Comment

Anything is going to be better then 3 sealed 10's sharing 600W rms. A 12" ported in the 1200-1500 rms range or a 15" ported in the 2K+ range is going to dominate. The hard part is going a temp setup and going with either and amp or a woofer that fits the final version, or you end up with slightly used gear that does not fit.

Comment

Working...
            X