Vibration from sub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vibration from sub

Didn’t notice this last year but this year when I have music turned up my sub is making a vibration noise on 2017 Z3. Sound is still normal but the vibration noise is kind of annoying. Any thoughts from the stereo experts here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Torch; 06-06-2019, 04:01 AM.

You say the sub sounds normal, so I will presume that you are not hearing an abnormal mechanical sound woofer itself, but rather a part of the boat that is vibrating due to the woofer. Put your hands on everything in the area you can, until you touch the offending piece. Then you have to figure out how to tighten or insulate it.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The vibration noise is from the sub. I can make it go away by putting slight pressure on the speaker itself.

Comment

The woofer will need to be pulled and have a look behind it, but it sounds like it need to be replaced.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

What would I look for? Would warranty cover this?

Comment

Some foreign debris resting on back of woofer cone. If the boat is within the warranty period, I do not see why it wold not be covered as long as its not damaged, but thats ultimately up to Tige.

Comment

Ok thanks, sadly it will be a couple weeks before I get back to lake so I will dig further then.

Comment

Working...
              X