X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2004 24v

pleasure to meet yall.

i just purchased a 2004 24v.

boat is in great condition and seems to run really well.

i just have a few questions that i was hoping yall could help me with

1. is there an internal ballast system on this model? i am assuming this is what the TAPS is, but i do not see anywhere to monitor/use this system. i have a fuse on the dash labeled TAPS, but that is all i know.

2. perfect pass - i have never got this to set, not have i tried. but, it seems to be beeping all the time. does anyone know if it is what is beeping and why it would be?

3. i also have a switch for shower. anyone have any info on that?

4. any recommendation on replacing the dash and gauges without spending a ton of money? they are fading a bit and i would like to replace.

5. i have never had an inboard prior to this. Steering gets tricky at times. it is like i am on a plane and then off. once off, i am heading either right or left swiftly. I assume this is the way a boat like this performs, but i was wondering if there are any suggestions to getting used to driving one of these or if i am something wrong with my steering. as soon as i bought the boat, i replaced he steering cable to make sure.

6. recommendations for new bimini top?

hate to bombard yall at one time and look like a dumb ***, but it has been about 15 years since i have had a boat. back then i had a 21 foot Chris Craft and these two boats are quite a bit different. i bought his boat because i have two little girls and want them to grow up on the water and enjoy all that it brings.

i am sure i have more, please dig in and let me know what you think

thanks

alright men. i have researched the TAPS and now know that ut is not an internal ballast system. knowing what i do now, i know there are no issues with it and that if i want to add weight i will need fatsacs. the boat came wiht new fatsacs but i assumed these were for additional weight.

i really would appreciate any help with the dash/gauges, perfect pass, and the steering questions

thanks again

Comment

welcome
      I think your boat would have had a dealer/owner added ballast system you would see the bags on the floor in the rear lockers.and under the front seats. The perfect pass might be the wheel type but could be star gazer (GPS) there is an on off switch turn it on. set the speed, hit the throttle it should go the speed that is set. You may or my not have a shower just because you have a switch doesn't mean you have one. The steering should be like in any other boat. Check your tracking fins. Reverse is a different steering story.The rear will only go to the drivers side. Use the search bar here there is a lot of info here. For the Bimini you will have to figure out what tower you have pics will help with that. The guys here are great you might have got a lot quicker response if it would have been general discussion not stereo.
      Last edited by gumby; 05-29-2019, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Ballast was an option, not standard, so it can go either way. If there is ballast, you will see hard tanks (oem) or sacs in the rear lockers (aftermarket) and a hard tank in each mid-ship locker (oem) or a u shaped sac under the bow seating (aftermarket).

TAPS = Tige Adjustable Plate (or performance) System and refers to the hull design and attitude adjust plate.

Shower was also an option, so the switch is likely there, even if the option was not checked on the build sheet. If the shower option is there, there should be a hose and nozzle in the back locker somewhere.

Bimini? Get built custom.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have same year/boat model. Love it.

If it has the factory ballast, rip it out. Mine was falling appart when I bought mine 2004 24v 6 years ago. Hit up chpthril, he knows this boat inside and out and designed my ballast system. Mine has a shower. Its in the rear wall of the starboard rear locker. Its a white cover you open and the hose is in there.

Bimini, I like the Monster Cargo Bimini as a good option. I replaced the factory bimini with the carge bimini.

For low speed control. Get out into the middle of the lake and throw a life jacket or buoy in the water. Practice pulling it up to. Its MUCH easier to dock on the starboard side than port side. For a newbie its not even worth attempting otherwise.

For a new boater docking for the first time, approach dock with nose at 45* angle nose in to the dock on the starboard side. Few feet before nose hits dock, throw it in reverse and the rear of the boat will swing in towards the dock and you should be parallel parked. With an inboard, you need to use current and wind more, so try not to fight either one.
          Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Working...
          X