Wetsounds Static? 2018 Z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wetsounds Static? 2018 Z

So we were out yesterday, sunny day just hanging in the boat, motor off, listening to tunes. Source was Bluetooth, music off my phone when after about 30min music got static in it. Sounded like bad FM reception. I changed sources and every single source had static. Turned off the stereo, turned it back on, static went away for 5min then came back. It was on all speakers!

Anyone had this happen to them? Suggestions?

2018 Z1 with Tige Clear Touch, Wetsounds speakers and Amps...

NG572

Contact your Tige dealer. There is a TSB (technical service bulletin) regarding this.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Will do! Thanks...

Comment

FYI... I talked with my dealer, they said new amps were installed before I bought the boat so I called Wetsounds who said it sounds like a low power issue (run down battery) which actually makes some sense since we were sitting out for some time and just running the radio. That has me thinking about an on-board battery charger or I might just charge up my current batteries or connect via USB next time so I am not using BT. Anyway, hopefully that is the issue. I told a friend the other day - owning a surf boat is like owning an expensive exotic sports car, expect to do some problem solving....

Comment

@NG572 -- I'm curious if you have resolved this issue? I just purchased a 2013 Z1 (factory Wetsounds setup) and experience the same thing intermittently. Worked fine the first hour+ yesterday, then just static the last 20 min. I have dual batteries and assume everything stereo/amp related is wired to the 2nd battery (left side when looking at batteries)? Would running in "combine" make any difference? Not sure of the ages of the batteries or if the 2nd is a deep cycle, but I assume that is desirable so may have to address that...

Comment

@brentc,

Just a word of caution, you do not want to anchor with the switch in the COMBINE position as it runs the rusk of running both banks down.

With any electrical issue, we need to start with checking voltage at the amps. If the house bank was low and you restarted the engine, alternator voltage should have raised the voltage, thus eliminating the static.

I would also want to walk around and listen to every speaker to see if all or some are omitting the noise. next, change modes. Is the noise there in tuner, cd, USB, etc.

im a couple hours up the road from you, if you need help with it.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thx chpthril -- appreciate the info and offer of help. Understood re: combine mode - definitely not doing that. Boat cranks fine and other electronics seem okay. Moving between on and combine doesn't affect the static issue. As for the static itself, it is as NG572 mentioned earlier... sort of like FM static with nothing playing in the background. And changing source has no effect on the static -- it's as if I hadn't tried to change it, just constant static. HU seems to behave normally. I checked voltage of both batteries with a multimeter, but failed to check the amperage - guess that is the next step. Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
              X