Pro60 Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro60 Compatibility

2009 Tige RZ4 with 1 pair of Wet Sounds Pro 60s with the fancy "collar" from the factory. Alpha Z tower.
    One of the speakers has issues, and I'd assume the other isn't far behind it at 10 years old.

Are the any "compatible" speakers that I can replace in the existing pods/cans with existing can sizing, wiring, and such? Like a bolt-in replacement. I don't thing I want to deal with figuring out which clamps fit on my tower and I don't quite grasp how the tower speakers would "look" without the collar.

Can I just stuff some other Wet Sounds 6.5" speaker in there, knowing that it won't "reach" a long distance, not that the Pro60s were really audible at the end of the wakeboard rope.
    Any of the newer/compact Wet Sounds 8" speakers fit in the can/pod?

The Revo-6 and Recon-6 will fit. While in there, id also suggest changing the male and female pod connectors. We've done this a few times. One pair has been on the roll bar of my son's Jeep for a few years now.

I don't thing I want to deal with figuring out which clamps fit on my tower
    In the Wet sound lineup, its the X-Mount or TC3-S Swivel mounts are what you would want. Just note, new pods could likely result in the collars being left out of the new install. The Rev-8 and Icon-8 pods are very close to the old pro-60 pods, but not identical. The collars may not fit.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

if the collar you are referring to is the piece that covers the mounts to the alpha z tower it doesn't look bad without it. my old 22ve had 4 icon8's on the tower and none had the collars. purchased from a tige dealer but he didn't want to order the collars and we didn't care. current boat has 4 rev10's. 2 have collars, 2 do not. honestly I don't even notice it and couldn't tell you right now which pair have them as it's just not noticed.

don't let that hold you up ordering new speakers unless you have severe ocd
      2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
      2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

^agree. My Rev10's don't have collars (removed pro60's) and unless you know they were available you'd never notice.

Comment

Working...
        X