X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Upgrade Time

CHP, we good with this:

Current:
    2 interstate deep cycle flooded cell, SRM-24s 81AH (Marine deep cycle - 11 in length)
    1 interstate starter flooded cell, 24M-XHD (Marine starter - 11 in length)

Plan replace with:
    2 interstate deep cycle AGM 31M-AGM, 100AH (Marine dual purpose - 13 in length)
    1 interstate deep cycle AGM 34M-AGM, use as starter (Marine dual purpose - 10 13/16 length)

I think I can fit the longer batteries (by 2 inch) if I discard the battery boxes.

Previously installed ProNautic 1230P to be programmed to charge all three with the AGM Battery charge profile.

Port/Stern: 1 deep, 1 starter
    Starboard/Stern: 1 deep

Current system has: 1000W Amp/Sub, 600 W/Towers, 600W/Main Decks

Good to go?

I know you were asking the battery/audio/ballast/ all around good guy, but I couldnt help but ask. If you ditch the boxes you going to trays to secure them??
    https://www.amazon.com/Marine-BH-31P...a-724549135082

^^I think with these dimensions you can still swing 2 next to each other. May just hang over the stringer/floor a bit towards the bilge but they work pretty well
    These arent the ones we order but quickest link I could find. I like to use them on pontoons when rigging as you can mount batteries way out of the way so you dont mess up storage, but can still access them later.
    Last edited by freeheel4life; 05-07-2019, 04:58 AM.

Comment

I dumped Interstate batteries a few years ago. I replaced with Walmart batteries. Couldn’t be happier. They have outperformed the Interstates in every way.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I got >7yrs out of Walmart marine batteries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^^^Exactly. I couldn’t get 3yrs out of any Interstates. I replaced with Walmart batteries years ago and they still operate perfectly.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Yeah. I bought all 3 batteries in June 2013. If figured after six years time to replace before they die.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
              I know you were asking the battery/audio/ballast/ all around good guy, but I couldnt help but ask. If you ditch the boxes you going to trays to secure them??
              https://www.amazon.com/Marine-BH-31P...a-724549135082

^^I think with these dimensions you can still swing 2 next to each other. May just hang over the stringer/floor a bit towards the bilge but they work pretty well
              These arent the ones we order but quickest link I could find. I like to use them on pontoons when rigging as you can mount batteries way out of the way so you dont mess up storage, but can still access them later.
              I will look into those. Good idea

Comment

Working...
              X