X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drill a hole in between cooler section

D8ACA5B1-37BF-486F-BCE7-BB4E6B16DC36.jpg

Can I drill a hole on either side to get RCA wires through? On a 2015 z1

I wouldnt if you actually use the cooler. Melted ice will drip water onto carpeted floor in bow bag area. Most the time once you open up the bow ballast area there is enough room between the cooler and the floor to run a cable thru. Have you removed the HDPE panels to access bow ballast area yet?? Even if there isnt room to go between bottom of cooler and floor you can just go around the cooler. All you need is a screw gun with a phillips bit to remove the panels. Flashlight helps too.
    Last edited by freeheel4life; 04-29-2019, 11:30 PM.

Comment

I mean you can?... But there are much better ways to go.

Comment

I am contemplating the exact situation with my 2019 R21 right now and plan to complete the addition of tower speakers/amp tomorrow.

On my boat there is an extra HPDE panel on the left side of the drivers footwell area, once I removed this I found more carpeting loosely covering the access to the open area behind the actual cooler. I can see the courtesy light wire heading into that open volume. On the port-side compartment I could feel the opening behind the carpet that loosely covers the passage behind the cooler. This is how I plan to snake the RCA cables from one side to another without having to drill any holes. Inside the port compartment I will run the wires up and over the top below the glove box.

Fingers crossed it is that easy, because I wasn't too excited to chase the wires all the way around the bow, which is how I think they are run from the factory.

Comment

They are around the bow. Some people like fish tapes. I prefer a length of stainless wire with a decent gauge. Just stiff enough to get thru obstructions and you can grab it with a pair of pliers and twist it around corners. Once its snaked just bend a hook and pull your wires.

There are a bunch of ways to skin this cat. Instead of pulling the kick panel I would just run your wires up in the stbd corner that goes out of the helm towards the ICE module. Follow all the other white RCAs and steering cable. If you open up the stbd cushion in the bow area you will see a bunch of wires pulled thru. It's a big cutout from the factory that you can then sneak into the bow ballast area. That's just how I'd do it, six in one and a half dozen in the other. Plenty of ways to sneak wires from one side to the other up front.

Comment

There’s access holes on each side of the walkthrough you just gotta find em there carpeted over
            surf till u die.

Comment

Working...
            X