Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 RZ2 Screen - How to connect IPhone to utilize audio functions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 RZ2 Screen - How to connect IPhone to utilize audio functions?

I just purchased a 2014 Tige RZ2 and I am trying to figure out how to connect my Iphone to the Clarion functions on the screen at the drivers helm. If any one could help me with this it would be much appreciate.

IMG_4785.jpg

It shows that Dylan is connected. Since the boat is used, is the head unit in the glove box a CMD6 or CMD8?
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

The stereo in the glovebox is a Clarion CMD6. I was able to connect my phone to blutooth but none of the controls work. I figured there must be some way to get the control functions to work, even if I have to plug in my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Your phone will only stream blue tooth music to the system, FYI. It will not command any of the clarion function. Also, the blue tooth receiver is external, and not a clarion component.

Like koolaid said, Dylan is connected. If Dylan is there, tell him to fire up his play list, you should get music streaming.

but none of the controls work.
        Where do they not work? On the screen? Connected BT, USB or tuner would not effect the touch screen controls. They act as a slave remote.
        Last edited by chpthril; 04-11-2019, 01:27 PM.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Should the touch screen communicate with the clarion CMD6. For instance, if I press the source button on the screen above, should it change the source of the CMD6? Basically what I'm asking is this screen useless for audio?

Comment

Theres also buttons next to the screen for + and - volume and mute which would be great for quick control in the event of a rider falling. I'm guessing those are useless as well.

Comment

Screen should run volume and change source. If it doesn't you most likely have a bad "medallion stereo module".
              Oh Yeah!

Comment

Is this something I can replace individually or would the entire unit need to be replaced?

Comment

Is there a transom remote? If so, does it function?

If there is a remote and it does NOT function, then find the Y cable for the remotes, behind the head. Remove one remote extension cable and see if the helm or transom remote now function. Then disconnect the remaining extension cable, reconnect the one you originally disconnected, then try each again.

A bad transom remote ill render the helm in-op.
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The transom remote MW1 is working (not the display), it is able to scroll through sources and change volume etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats enough for me to suspect it and take it out of play.

Comment

Trying to remember how my '14 works since it is still in storage. I believe while in Bluetooth mode, the source and volume buttons function, but skip/play/pause/rewind do not. But if connected with USB cord, all functions work as expected. I wondered about this also a couple of years ago when I bought the boat and wrote a couple threads asking about it. I was told the Bluetooth is not a two-way device.

Comment

Working...
                        X