Rev 10 - only horn working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rev 10 - only horn working

I was prepping my boat for the impending season over the weekend and noticed that one of my Rev10's is only making sound through the horn. The actual speaker itself isn't doing anything. If I remember correctly there's only 1 set of connections on the speaker inside? Is there anything else I can check or do I need to send the speaker in to WS?

Before sending it all the way to Wet Sounds, id work through a local dealer/distribution outlet first.

With that said, yes, there is only one pair, a + and - supply into each pod. But, there it goes to the cross-over, then splits off to the mid-bass and tweeter.

Issue could be amp, could be cross-over, could be a lead come off the mid-bass, or a failed mid-bass. Make sure the amp chnl(s) driving that speaker are not accidentally set to the 10X cross-over range. Id pull the mid-bass driver out next. From there, you can see if a wire is off or test the mid-bass.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks Mike! I'll look in to it further.

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post
        Thanks Mike! I'll look in to it further.
        Did you diagnose the issue? I am having the same issue with 2 out of 4 or my ws pro 80's. I plugged the wires from a working speaker into both of the speakers but still no bass. I believe this would rule out an amp issue since the same connection worked for the other speaker.

How did you go about conducting the tests that chpthril suggested?

Comment

Certified audio and sound in Fraser valley would definitely be a good place to take it to.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTom View Post
            Did you diagnose the issue? I am having the same issue with 2 out of 4 or my ws pro 80's. I plugged the wires from a working speaker into both of the speakers but still no bass. I believe this would rule out an amp issue since the same connection worked for the other speaker.

How did you go about conducting the tests that chpthril suggested?
            Sounds like you eliminated the amp. The fact that horns still play, also eliminates the tower wiring and the pod connector and leads to the cross over.

Next step, id pull the mid-bass drivers out and ohm them with a meter. I cant remember if they are 4 or 8 ohm. A call to Wet Sounds tech guys will get you that answer. However, even with this unknown, we can determine if the woofer is good or not. If their nominal impedance is, for example, 8 ohm, then a meter should show us about 8 ohm give or take a few tenths of an ohm. A bad driver is going to OL or the resistance is going to plan be off the charts. Like in mega-ohm range. Same if its supposed to 4 or even 2 ohm driver.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

TexasTom: I haven't gotten a chance to look in to further.

bsreid: My old neighbor works there so I may see if I can get him to do a house call. Boat hasn't come home yet and I've been to busy clearing out my garage in preperation for the garage renovation about to start.

Comment

Update: Smack face as well. I had someone out to look at my rev10 and it ended up just being a loose wire terminal or that he tapped/shook the crossover in the back of the housing and it came back. so it was an easy fix for me.

Comment

Working...
                X