New tower speakers feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New tower speakers feedback

I bought some new tower speakers. They are MB Quart 8" NH1-120W's. I will be installing 4 and powering them with a Kicker zx M350.4. I've only had this boat for about a year. I'm assuming that kicker is the factory amps for this 07 24ve. I not seeing a lot of reviews for these speakers. I had MB Quart nautic series amps in my last boat that seemed to perform really well. Had Quart speakers in a truck that I had way back in the day. They were amazing then. Will be replacing a pair of Wetsounds Pro 60's. The surrounds were trashed and one of them has an issue with the cone. Hopefully they can be rebuilt but that's a discussion for another day. I'm just wondering what kind of sound I'm gonna get out of these. Mostly surf but also tube and wakeboard. Looks like I'm going to have to run a second set of wires for the second pair. E series tower. Any tricks on that would be much appreciated.

Search of that number comes up as a pair of raw drivers, not pods. If thats correct, those will not fit into a Pro-60 pod with their 8.46 OD. Put a "T" in between the H & 1 and thats a loaded tower pod.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

It was just the drivers. I bought with a set of Rockville Aluminum pods. I knew the pro 60's were 6 1/2 drivers. The quarts with the quart brand pods were considerably more expensive. Also, have you ever put filler material in the pods? When I use to build subwoofer enclosures for car applications, we would put material in there to fool the driver into thinking that it was in a larger enclosure than it actually was.
      Last edited by crabo227; 03-21-2019, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crabo227 View Post
        I bought some new tower speakers. They are MB Quart 8" NH1-120W's. I will be installing 4 and powering them with a Kicker zx M350.4. I've only had this boat for about a year. I'm assuming that kicker is the factory amps for this 07 24ve. I not seeing a lot of reviews for these speakers. I had MB Quart nautic series amps in my last boat that seemed to perform really well. Had Quart speakers in a truck that I had way back in the day. They were amazing then. Will be replacing a pair of Wetsounds Pro 60's. The surrounds were trashed and one of them has an issue with the cone. Hopefully they can be rebuilt but that's a discussion for another day. I'm just wondering what kind of sound I'm gonna get out of these. Mostly surf but also tube and wakeboard. Looks like I'm going to have to run a second set of wires for the second pair. E series tower. Any tricks on that would be much appreciated.
        Just wondering if you got these in yet. I have 4 wet sounds pro 80 that need replaced. Was looking at these. Like you I can't find much info on them.

Comment

Working...
        X