2007 22VE In-Cabin Speakers - Fit 8"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 22VE In-Cabin Speakers - Fit 8"?

Question guys, (On a 22ve.. Probably a 24VE Too.)

Has anyone jammed an 8" (or a JL 7.7") speaker into the 2 rear speaker spots in the main area of the boat? The speaker locations are recessed a little bit right above the cup holders.

Thinking 2 8's and 4 6"5"s would be sweet...

If no one has, I'll go pull one out and measure a new circle size.. The tweeter may be in the way.

The recessed spots over the cup holders will not fit a smallish 8" like the Kicker km8. A 7.7 is well, 7.7. though I have not measured for those specifically, I think the radius of the recessed area wl impede the speaker from seating flat. Fab a 7.7" straight edge to be sure.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

if you want to see how goofy 8" speakers look in a boat not in those corner locations send me a message and I'll send ya pics. this boat we bought has all the 6" corner factory speakers installed and they did 4 ws 808's in the main cabin area under the seats. overkill....
      2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
      2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Yah, it may be more speaker then one really needs. I'm getting all my ducks in a row before I call Mike on it. REVO6 in the Rear corners and RECON6 (Running on a 2 ohm Bridged channel each) in bow and under helm locations may make the most sense given the layout and power handling I'm looking at...

Just trying to find the right mid-bass balance given that I dont think I want a true 10" hanging from the wake tower. Decisions.. Ugh..

Comment

fwiw here's what I had in my 22ve and it sounded great:
          2 sx65's in back corner above cupholders.
          1 sx65 on observers side above cupholders
          1 sx65 where the net thingey is under the drivers seat base facing the observers bench seat. this made more sense to me than under the helm. was quite a hole to cut but worked out nicely.
          2 sx65's in the bow.
          jl 12w6 under the helm. sealed box.
          4 icon8's on the tower.

not a party cove system or wakeboard system but for surfing, relaxing and if at the cove a moderate volume level it worked great.
          2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
          2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Working...
          X