Helppp!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helppp!!!

Ok so I am getting to my stereo install and I have run into a few issues. I am going to start trouble shooting with multimeter tomorrow but could use any help!

Everything is brand new!

-both amps have power as you can see in the pictures.

1st-I hooked up both rev10s to the sdx4. Both bridged and they both came on with music coming out, after about 1min one of them stopped playing. The other continued to play music. I took off tower to double check connections. Everything is good.. stumped. Can’t remember but I think they are on 80-100hz high pass and I am pretty sure I set them both to get signal from rca ch1,2 which I thought was all good when sound was coming from both. Then as I said one just stopped.. volume was low.

2nd - hooked up both bow speakers that are hooked to channel 1 and 2 on sdx6 and no sound this was while the one rev10 was still playing. I don’t understand..

All fuses are good

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IF amp isn't flashing it must be a signal issue. Swap the RCA's out could be them even if new. Others with more knowledge will chime in soon so good luck.

Comment

Helppp!!!

For first issue:

Measure the resistance of each speaker at the terminals without wires connected. Connect wires and measure resistance of the speaker through the wire(this is the load the amp will see). Make sure the resistance through the wire is the same or slightly higher than what you measured at the speaker. If the 2nd measure is not with +- .2 ohms than speaker resistance , then there is a problem with the wire.

Depending on how you have your speakers connected, i.e. multiple speakers to one channel on the amp in series or parallel can’t present a load the amp is not ready for. Disconnect the speakers from the amp measure the resistance through the wire of how the speakers are to be configured. Make sure that measurement is in acceptable load for the amp. For example, Some amps do not like 2 ohms when bridged

2nd issue:

Sounds like no signal through RCA or amp settings/configuration issue. Swap rcas to start. Also could measure resistance of each rca cable to make sure the center pin to center pin is less than a couple 0.1ohms. Also make sure center pin to outer ground connection is greater than 1Mohm. If rcas are good, then use test tones and measure Vac from head unit to make sure the head unit outputs work.

Double/triple check ground and 12V to amps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalko
      Last edited by Bamer; 02-04-2019, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Here are my configs for the amps..

Comment

Settings look good to me. I assume sub is bridged on ch5-6?

Comment

Just a guess, but it's the only thing I'm wondering about: On your tower speakers, shouldn't your RCA's be on either channel 1 and 3 or 2 and 4? Not 1 and 2. Unless the amp specifically says to input on 1 and 2, it seems to me that your speaker wires are looking for signals from ch. 3 and 4, but there is no input on them.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
              Just a guess, but it's the only thing I'm wondering about: On your tower speakers, shouldn't your RCA's be on either channel 1 and 3 or 2 and 4? Not 1 and 2. Unless the amp specifically says to input on 1 and 2, it seems to me that your speaker wires are looking for signals from ch. 3 and 4, but there is no input on them.
              I’m pretty sure the source select switch on ch3-4 is set to use the ch1-2 signal. No need to connect rcas to ch3-4.

Comment

That would be true, for 4 chnl stereo
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Quick update guys! Everything is figured out. The cause of the issue was the remote controllers. Needless to say everything has been fixed! Huge Shout out to ALbert Pinada, he is a wetsounds guy in the houston area if you guys need any help with your audio equipment he can do it. He spent some time on the phone with me and helped me troubleshoot the issue and get a base tune together for the speakers.

I switched the sub to channels 1,2 on the sdx6 for bass control. Albert did point out that I went a little overkill on the amps so I will keep the gain at around a quarter or so until I have some play time on the speakers then maybe up to half gain.. the amp puts out more than the speakers can handle but I have heard differing opinions on this. CHeck out my winter build thread in General to see what I am working on.

Comment

Working...
                  X