Problems running wires in 2003 tige 20v tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems running wires in 2003 tige 20v tower

I have a new to me (for a couple seasons) 2003 tige 20v riders edition and I am adding some tower speakers. I am trying to run the wiring down the port side leg of the factory tower but it doesn't appear to have any hole for wiring. Can I drill from the bottom since I think I have found the mounting location or do I need to remove the tower to drill through the fiberglass? Any other thoughts?

Thanks!
    Shawn

Here is a picture of the boat so you can see the tower.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rhoj3h7qwc...029-1.jpg?dl=0

Here is what I found behind the seats under the tower leg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8q2uxxacq5...20027.jpg?dl=0
    Last edited by sminto; 01-30-2019, 09:07 PM. Reason: Updated image links

Comment

Which tower do you have? Your picture didn't come through?

Comment

I just updated my post with links to the images in Dropbox. Thanks for the quick reply!

Comment

I have not wired one of those, but here is how I would approach it. Unbolt the rear leg, lift it up a little and see if there is a pass through into the tube. I have a feeling, the solution is a service loop near the bottom of the tube, that will jump to the deck, then pass through. Dressed up right, it will look very good.

EDIT I think Lee's new post just might shed some light. looks like the wires can pass through the foot through the deck, just may have to drill the holes. http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...-2004-Tige-22v

20140716040330-9c050500-me.jpg
          Last edited by chpthril; 01-30-2019, 11:36 PM.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks Mike! Do you think I could safely drill from the bottom instead of unbolting the tower fully?

Comment

Personally, I would not, too scared. Thats a small tube tower so little margin of error. Besides, id want to chamfer the gel on the top side of the deck and may need to de-bur the hole in the tower foot.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

That completely makes sense. I will give that a try once I get a few hours to do some more work on it.

Thanks for the quick replies, this site is a wealth of knowledge
                Shawn

Comment

Mike is correct, remove the rear leg from the boat and the hole in the tower has more than likely left an imprint on the boat as where to drill.

Comment

Well, it seems that those bolts wont come loose (almost lost an allen wrench!). I guess it is to plan 2 of a service loop. When drilling into the tower, are there any rules of thumb for location or size to to affect the integrity of the tower?

Shawn

Comment

Spray it with some PB Blaster and let it set for a few days, tap with a hammer also.

Comment

Thanks! That worked. Time to finish wiring and test it out

Shawn

Comment

Good to hear!

Comment

Working...
                          X