2016 Rzx sub and rev 10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 Rzx sub and rev 10s

So it’s winter around here and things are pretty quiet on the site so figured I would start something here.

I’m a total newb when it comes to stereos so let’s try and keep things simple.
    Has anyone added a better sub in replace of the factory one under the drivers seat, it really doesn’t do much for me compared to other setups I’ve seen out there. I’m not even sure what model it is now I believe it’s a 12” correct me if I’m wrong. The amps are a sd2 for the rev 10s and sd6 for the interior 8” and sub, does that seem like enough power for all the in boats?
    So I’m not looking at doing a crazy sub box build or anything like that, just keeping it simple and swapping it out and not looking to spend a ton. How do the new revo subs compare to the older series? That way I could just swap up the grills so they match.

Next for the towers if adding a second set of rev 10s is the sd2 going to provide enough power for the 4 towers? Currently they don’t have the largest amount of sound distance wise and would just like a little bit more.

I’ve got a stereo guy who does good work and is going to come in and tune the boat in the spring as the towers don’t have the cleanest sound at the moment and on of the bow speakers is out. So he’ll be doing the install if I end up buying some new speakers just trying to get an idea as to what would work best in the rzx specifically.

Yes the rzx is still forsale, but it’s winter and that’s when you dream about summer.

Thanks guys!

26C609F0-859F-4EF6-8C3A-7BA10C42892C.jpg26C609F0-859F-4EF6-8C3A-7BA10C42892C.jpg

Comment

Lets start off with the easy one. Yes, the SD2 is absolutely the best amp for 2 pair of Rev-10.

The factory woofer is the XS or revo 10FA. As to a "better" woofer. There is no plug-n-play better woofer. The SD6 can deliver up to 600W rms to that woofer. Thats moving it pretty good. It likely just needs to have the amp tuned better, as well as making sure you discovered the sub level knob under the helm. You will not be able to fit a 12" woofer in that stock location. best option is to add a 2nd woofer in the port locker, an amp to drive it and vent the locker http://www.mikesliquidaudio.com/Phot...?/category/150

Yes, the SD6 is plenty wattage for the 3 pair of 8" in-boats. 145W rms to each.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Ya I think it does just need to be tuned then. Is the new revo series that much better than the older?

Has anyone used the new stealth sub boxes from Wetsounds in the port locker? Seems too easy

Comment

There are some minor difference between the XS and Revo, but the important specs are nearly the same. Power handling, surface area and excursion. It would be a net 0 gain in terms of bass and output, to make that swap.

The stealth 10 would be the most straight forward way to add more bass. Secure it to the floor, Y the woofer RCA, connect the power cables. Still recommend to vent the locker with something like this http://www.mikesliquidaudio.com/Phot...5/category/163
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
            X