No announcement yet.

audio mess and the beginning to fixing it questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id leave them, and even leave them active. But from a power and tuning standpoint, I would want to put the best amp I have in inventory, on the 8's, then the amp for the 6.5's would be secondary. Once the full inventory is established, the pieces will start to fall in place.

I hope it was not taken, that I thought your system was childs play. My reaction to your areas of concern, are small potatoes to me as joked about my reaction, compared to the current project in the shop. Id LOVE to have your boat in the shop. I think youve got a good ensemble of gear, just needs to tweaks here and there to make it better.

Putting a ported 13W7 under that helm sound awesome!
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

no taken wrong. I APPRECIATE all the advice and when it comes to sourcing parts to finish this, you will be the first one I tap, although not sure you can sell ws to me. even tho I don't have a tige dealer here.

picking up in the am from the cover shop and going to start playing with it tomorrow in the driveway.
      2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
      2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        the last wire nut
        ??? No way!
        Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
          ??? No way!
          It was 20" from the battery switch to the B+ distribution block, i pulled 52" of 4ga cable. The main fuse was closer to the block, then the switch. The ground distance was shorter, and there was still 36" of cable.

Original setup was 4ga to blocks, then about 12" of 8ga to amps. 2nd shop, said the 8ga was too small and replaced with 4ga. Never realized the 4ga trunk was also too small for the setup.

Water was running down back of helm wall, dripping on amp. Lots of little things added to multiple equipment.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            Putting a ported 13W7 under that helm sound awesome!
            ^ This!!!
            I have a ported 10w7 on an old RF 1000bd ported under my helm and it sounds amazing, I really want to upgrade to a 13w7 but have too many toys and projects to spend the money and time.

Comment

Originally posted by dj2 View Post
              ^ This!!!
              I have a ported 10w7 on an old RF 1000bd ported under my helm..
              So when you guys say under the helm.. Are you putting in the driver side locker and replacing the factory 10 with a cover so the sound can escape? Or is the setup on the newer RZ2 way different then my '07 VE? #NewbQuestion

Comment

A newer RZ2 would be nearly identical to your 07 Ve in terms of the woofer installation. I would make use of the thick helm wall and mount the woofer there or cut a large hole out and slide a completed enclosure in as opposed to putting a box into the starboard mid-ship locker.

Comment

as chp called out. on my old '12 22ve we built a box, moved the medallion panel up 3 inches(you won't have that) and installed a box on some small hdpe pieces to elevate it off the floor for drainage.
                  2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                  2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Working...
                  X