Rev 8 volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rev 8 volume

Hey guys I'm curious if my two rev 8s are putting out the volume they should. They are powered by a syn 2 but no driver. While surfing behind my 04 22v at around 12mph I can't hear the speakers. I know my boat exhaust is very loud especially at that rpm but I'm wondering if the speakers should be heard. Any one with experience with this?

The the Syn-2 is good power for a pair of Rev-8 HLCD and should be plenty loud at surf distance. Whats is the media source? Was the amp professionally tuned or at least provided with some pro tips if DIY installed?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I'm using a phone through bluetooth and I followed all the instructions from wetsounds when setting up the amp. Head unit volume is 38 out of 50, crossover around 100Hz, and slowly turned up the gain just below distortion. They are definitely loud and clear but I feel it's still lacking

Comment

Head unit volume is 38 out of 50,
        75% is safe, if you dont know the head unit's clip point. But, this does not account for the blue tooth. in my experience, apple has had some of the weakest blue tooth outputs. What head unit and blue tooth? other settings can also effect it. Are you running stereo or summed mono?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have an ASUS ZenFone (android) I usually do two clicks below max bt on my phone. The head unit is mex-m70bt with 5v outputs and I have it in stereo

Comment

Assuming the rev 8’s are on the tower and not near the floor you should be able to hear them ok. If your setup checks out you may want to consider a Fresh Air Exhaust. I installed one last spring and it’s a huge difference at cruising speeds and a noticeable reduction of noise at surf speeds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X