Help with system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with system

Just bought a used boat. 2009 Tige RZ2. I think I am the 5th owner. I am about to embark on a stereo upgrade. It appears the boat has seen at least one visit to Hydrotunes or other audio shops early on in its life

Current setup:
    Old style Non-bluetooth Clarion deck with 2 gauge style remotes
    Four WS Pro 60/80 tower speakers
    Five in-boat WS 6.5” speakers
    One 15” ArcAudio Subwoofer 750W rms / 1500W max (no sound)
    One WS Syn2 amp
    One WS Syn6 amp
    WS420 eq with Mic

Recent history-
    Some audio guy looked at boat to iron out a few things and told me he thought the amp had a bad channel. Figured I would need replacement/upgrade which explains why the sub is not working

I keep hitting my head on the inner tower speakers so they have to go!
    This is my Proposed setup
    two Icon 8s (or similar) on the outermost tower mounts
    Sub functioning with the In-boats
    bluetooth capability

What would you recommend?
    2009 RZ2, factory ballast, 260 hours

Do you need tuner, USB or wired remotes? If not, add a Wet Sounds blue tooth the 420

The Syn-DX6 would be as close to a direct replacement for the Syn-6 as there is. This presumes the woofer is good and its a 4 ohm (dual 2 ohm) coil. Now, if you want bump things up a little. Go with Syn-DX4 for the in-boats, Syn-DX2.3HP for the woofer.

The existing Syn-2 is perfect for a pair of Icon-8.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I will have to pull the sub to find the specs. I’ll ohms test it - not sure if there is a better way to figure out if it is still good.
      Wetsounds eQ with BT could work. I don’t need USB but I would like controllable BT from the transom...
      Is there a good way to test the channels on the amps? Pretty sure one of them is not right

Originally posted by Powerlock25 View Post
      Just bought a used boat. 2009 Tige RZ2. I think I am the 5th owner. I am about to embark on a stereo upgrade. It appears the boat has seen at least one visit to Hydrotunes or other audio shops early on in its life

Current setup:
      Old style Non-bluetooth Clarion deck with 2 gauge style remotes
      Four WS Pro 60/80 tower speakers
      Five in-boat WS 6.5” speakers
      One 15” ArcAudio Subwoofer 750W rms / 1500W max (no sound)
      One WS Syn2 amp
      One WS Syn6 amp
      WS420 eq with Mic

Recent history-
      Some audio guy looked at boat to iron out a few things and told me he thought the amp had a bad channel. Figured I would need replacement/upgrade which explains why the sub is not working

I keep hitting my head on the inner tower speakers so they have to go!
      This is my Proposed setup
      two Icon 8s (or similar) on the outermost tower mounts
      Sub functioning with the In-boats
      bluetooth capability

What would you recommend?
      2009 RZ2, factory ballast, 260 hours

Comment

An ohm check is a good start. You can also move the cone in and out to feel how easy it moves and if there is any mechanical noise.

For transom control, you would either need the phone back with you, or a traditional head unit and wired remotes. Down side, any new head unit will require new remote(s) and cables, if there are any now.

Voltage can be measured with a meter. You can also do a few things to eliminate an RCA, etc issues. If the woofer seems good, the wire circuit to it is good, RCA's are eliminated, its likely an amp. Totally plausible to be an amp.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by Powerlock25 View Post
          Is there a good way to test the channels on the amps? Pretty sure one of them is not right
          Try swapping the two wires that go to the subwoofer at the amp to another channel on the amp that works. If the subwoofer works you'll know that the wiring to the sub and the sub are good. Also try swapping around the RCA's at the amp, might have a bad RCA feeding channel 5&6

Comment

Working...
          X