Pro 80 and rev10 question along with stereo design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro 80 and rev10 question along with stereo design

This winter I am looking at upgrading my system. I have a couple things I am hoping you experts can help me with. Here is a little info on my setup. It's a 2008 z1 with wet sounds setup and kicker amps. It's (7)6.5 inch wet sounds in boat speakers, a wet sounds 10" sub, and 2 wet sounds tower pro 80s. This is powered. By 2 kicker amps and I can't remember the amp specs at the moment. I will update.

Here is where I am at now:
    The two pro 80s are blown (rubber is dry rotted with holes) I called wet sounds and they said the don't have the replacement cones anymore. They did say they have heard of people retro fitting different speakers in the pods.

The in boat speakers seem fine but don't give me the crisp sound I would like. I would like to hear more sound when wake boarding and surfing.

My thought is this:

I would like to put revo 8s in the pro 80 cones- I am hoping this will emulate the rev410 - will this work?

I would like to add two rev 10s

Replace all of the in boat speakers with revo 6.

Setup would be 8 revo 6 in boat speakers 2 revo 8 on the tower and 2 rev10 on the tower. 1 10" sub.

Please let me know if a) all of this will work and b) what amplifier setup would be best for this setup?

The in boat speakers seem fine but don't give me the crisp sound I would like.
    This can be source content, head unit or amp settings. Blown tweeters. A frequency sweep will confirm the later

I would like to put revo 8s in the pro 80 cones- I am hoping this will emulate the rev410 - will this work?
    Not in any world will an 8" coaxial/rev-10 emulate the 10" Rev-410. This would require at least 4 discrete amp chnl. Even then, the Rev-10 are going to dominate the 8" coaxial. You want rev-410 output and sound quality, you need a pair of 410 of the rev-410/rev-10 3-some.

Best advice, retire the pro pods and go with a pair of Rev-10 or two, or the 3-some and amp them right. SDX-2 for 2 pair of Rev-10 or SDX-6 for the 3-some

Setup would be 8 revo 6 in boat speakers 1 10" sub.
    Id upgrade to the Revo-12HP or FA at least. 8 in-boats with solid power is going to overrun a single 10. SDX-6 for in-boats and woofer.

WS-420 or 220 zone volume control.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
    X