Static help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Static help!!!

I just bought a 2015 ASR and the stereo has static coming thru all of the speaker no matter what input you try to play music thru. Has anyone else had this problem?

Describe the static. like a crackly sound or a whine like noise? Since its on all modes and through all speakers, is going to likely be upstream at the head unit.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Sounds like static on a radio station

Comment

id first make sure that head unit's black GND and yellow MEM/B+ are connected to the largest amp's power cable terminals.

Next, I take a 3.5mm head phone x RCA pair cable and plug directly into the amp RCA jacks and play music right from the MP#/phone source into the amp(s) and listen. This proves the amps are not the issue, or they are. not impossible, but rare for two bad amps at the same time and both create the same noise.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I’m guess the ground and yellow wire you are talking about are wires from the black box that runs the Polk head unit and not the ones on the Touch2 screen

Comment

Correct. the polk black box is our main audio source unit, or head unit if you will. The tige touch is just a wired slave remote in regards to anything audio.

Comment

Ok I took the ground and red wire(12v) from black box directly to battery and still has static. I can unhook ground from battery and can hear static in speakers and amps will turn on but head unit will not. How does amps get 12v from remote wire if head unit isn’t turned on?

Comment

Battery is too far away. We want the head ground and main B+ (polk skipped the yellow constant and just went with the red switched B+) to connect as close as possible to the amps. This si where they should have been from the factory. Were they prior to the relocation directly to the battery? This is evident by the two small wires piggybacked into the Syn-6 or SD-6 amp's main B+ and B- power cables.

Now, since Polk dropped the traditional yellow MEM/B+ and just uses a switched B+, odds are its supplied from the helm somewhere. So we want to make sure it shares the same voltage as the amps. The bets place for this, is right at the amps.

If the amps power and the head unit does not, something is not right and we need a volt meter to trace it down.

Comment

Thanks for all the help but seems like the issue may be over my skill level and I will need take it in to have it looked at

Comment

@chpthril, we just acquired a 2006 22ve and are having somewhat similar issues. It isn't static we're hearing but just general feedback (whining in time with the motor and when at idle, just a high pitched hum). It's in all speakers. And it's definitely only doing it when the engine is running. Should I use your same diagnostic steps you've described above? Or do you think this could be a different issue?

Comment

Yes, start with the head unit's ground and main positive, as well as any other audio equipment like an EQ, zone control or external blue tooth.

Comment

Will do, thank you!

Comment

Working...
                        X