Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Z1 with Alpha Z tower (REV 10's addition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 Z1 with Alpha Z tower (REV 10's addition)

I'm sure this has been beat to death already, but I cant find a straight answer, and have read many different posts with solutions.

I'm new to this with a 14 Z1. The boat is already wired for extras, and I have a buddy that has two REV 10's, brand new that hes gonna sell me at a decent price. However I'm struggling to figure out this mount situation.

Any help? Any place I can find the mounts? Or is it true that Tige and/or wetsounds will not sell them separately?

Thanks!!

You just need an X kit to mount them, easy to get all over the place. As to the little black plastic boots that go on between the top of the can and the tower, those are the hangup. Id just ditch the pair of boots you have and mount your new pair then all 4 will match.

Comment

Search eBay and you can find the speaker collars for the alpha z.

Are you adding a new amp for the second set? I was considering doing the same but not sure on the process.

Comment

If they are still in the box, it should be marked if they are X, fixed or swivel. If they are fixed, you the X mount kit through a dealer or wet sounds direct.

The beauty collars are just that, for looks. The do not have any part in bolting the pod to the tower.

if I was going to upgrade the amp, it would be with the Wet Sounds Syn-DX2.3HP.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
          You just need an X kit to mount them, easy to get all over the place. As to the little black plastic boots that go on between the top of the can and the tower, those are the hangup. Id just ditch the pair of boots you have and mount your new pair then all 4 will match.
          Thanks!!

Comment

I think Id have to add another amp if I get those. Not sure I want to spend the money. The boat sounds pretty amazing already, and not sure of the extras will make that huge of a difference??

Comment

Yes, adding a 2nd pair will make a huge difference as you are doubling the speaker surface area.

No, you do not need to add amp if you have the factory installed 2 chnl Wet Sounds Syn-2. If you have post-delivery installed amp, its just needs to be a 2 chnl and no new amp is needed.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
              X