I-phone and Bluetooth Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I-phone and Bluetooth Survey

Looking for apple product and BT compatibility feedback. If you have a head unit or media center with integrated blue tooth and you use an I device.

When connected and streaming via bluetooth, can you control the system volume by your I device or is the volume ON or MUTED if you lower it all the way down? No variable level in between.

I device model =

Media Source or Bluetooth receiver make and model =

Variable volume control = Y or N

Thanks,
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

iPhone 6s with Apple Music

Stock polk head unit from 2016

Volume control works great along with pause, sometimes skip can be a little delayed.

My only complaint is every now and than it gets disconnected when trying to play.

Comment

Mike,

I have a 2018 Tige Z1 with Tige Clear Touch (the big screen). When my iPhone 8 is connected to the boat via BT it is causing the screen to lock up and the electronics in the boat to act goofy (dimming and cutting out). Yes - variable volume control.

Once I shutoff BT on my phone, everything worked fine. Hope that helps you...

NG572

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
        iPhone 6s with Apple Music

Stock polk head unit from 2016

Volume control works great along with pause, sometimes skip can be a little delayed.

My only complaint is every now and than it gets disconnected when trying to play.
        Ok, this topic has popped back up again, and it sparked a question.

Are you streaming from an app like pandora or spotify or playing from a stored music folder? Does my question make sense?

Any other Iphone users here, experience lack of volume control through the phone when streaming BT?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Clarion m508 and iPhone 8. Works fine, volume on phone and on stereo (they are independent). I have used Spotify and Apple Music. Unless you uninstall Music, Spotify won’t auto play. Switched to Apple Music for this reason along with stupid family plan...

TMI I know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure if my setup is relevant in any way but, I run an Alpine HU (don’t remember the model but I bought it from you so...) and a stand alone Bluetooth unit connected via aux input cable from an iPhone 5s. It’s a pretty hoakey set up but it works pretty seamlessly. I generally listen to Pandora, Amazon, or Soundcloud. All play/pause, FF/Rewind works perfectly from phone or BT unit. Phone and BT only control signal volume, not actual HU volume. That means my system is alway on full blast from the HU on. I was hoping the HU or the amps would die but neither has yet to. If my Alpine remote of death worked I wouldn’t have to do this but, those Alpine remotes suck ***. I’m very much ready for my 5th HU/remote set up.
            Last edited by NICKYPOO; 07-11-2019, 04:54 PM.
            You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

iPhone X (I use Spotify)
              Factory 2019 ZX1
              Volume is controllable from the phone and head unit
              No complaints on compatibility
              2019 ZX1 Central Texas

Comment

Working...
              X