Buzzing/Squealing in all speakers occasionally 2018 R23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buzzing/Squealing in all speakers occasionally 2018 R23

I get a buzzing/squealing noise in all speakers occasionally that's not effected by the volume at all but only seems to happen when other boats are around or I'm near a marina. Its also not effected by rpm's. The only way to stop it is by turning off the Touch or wait until it goes away. It didn't start until the third weekend I had the boat out and has done it ever since. Any ideas? Could a ground have come loose somewhere? Thanks.
    2018 R23, Lake Cumberland KY

Contact your dealer. Tige has released a service bulletin regarding the issue.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post

This.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        Cool thanks!
        2018 R23, Lake Cumberland KY

Comment

What did you find out was the cause of the static? I just purchased a 2018 R23 that’s doing the same thing. I’ll call my local dealer but I’m not under warranty so I’d rather fix it myself.

Comment

A bunch of the early DSP amps had a capacitor inside them that would introduce a squeal when hot.

Dead giveaway is if it plays fine when you first turn system on and shows up after some time(after amps start building heat).

I'd see if you can get any Wet Sounds dealer in your area to get them warranty exchanged

Comment

My sound bar was having the same issue. The issue was that my speakers were making a lot of shrieking and screeching noises. There was a whirring noise throughout the bios process, and once in Windows, things grew a lot worse with horrible screaming noises that occurred in response to mouse movement.
              This made me think it could be a bad batch but other people have reported the same problem
              It seemed strange to me because many of the system builders appear to utilize that board, implying that they have found it to perform effectively without sounds. According to the shop from whom I purchased it, they sell around 30 each day, which leads me to assume that this issue does not affect all boards.
              After a long search for a solution, I just decided to purchase a new sound bar. Through the problematic one away. After reading hundreds of reviews and reviews on dozens of other sound bars. I stopped on Yamaha YAS-207BL. Haven't found any complaints about it or recorded issues.

Comment

Working...
              X