Stereo Confusion...Amps, WS-220 & 420

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stereo Confusion...Amps, WS-220 & 420

Start off, I no nothing about stereo, but willing to learn.

08 RZ2-
    Current set up Sony cdx-hs70mw came with the Boat, Two Amps, Kicker ZX 650.4 says Amp 1 & 2 on it. The other Kicker is ZX 700.4 says Amp 1 & 2, Sub.
    I only have 4 cabin speakers and 4 tower speakers, JBL appear to be what came from the factory. The cabin one's were replace with Kickers.
    Are the Amp I have describe above good??

I want to purchase the WS 220 or 420, Other than the EQ and 3 zone vs 4 zones. I don't know which one to pick. I like the idea of having additional zone, don't know.What does everyone run?
    See on Amazon they are basically the same price. What additional wiring is needed?

Would like to get a sub, that will have to wait for now. Baby steps.

Any help or direction would be great.

Thanks in advance!!

Sam
    15 Escalade ESV-Black
    08 RZ2-Blue

Please DO NOT buy from amazon. Those are not authorized dealers so you do not get factory warranty or support. Also, if you purchase through a reputable dealer, they can help you will the incidentals that are needed to complete the install, help with proper amp setup and re-tuning of the system. The likes of amazon and similar, dont even know enough to realize the speakers come with a protective film over the chrome.

The WS-420BT and WS-220BT are the same retail price. Both have the MIC, master volume, BT, AUX and main input. Both have the same larger face for easy panel mounting or with one of the optional billet mounts. The 220 has 4 zone volume, the 420 has 3 zone and the dual 4-band EQ.

The WS-420SQ is the original 3 zone volume with master and dual 4 bank EQ, but no BT.

The 4 zone can be used to setup the bow as a zone.

If the amps work, their great then. The zx700.5 will drive 3 pair of in-boats, as well as a mild woofer with 400W rms. The zx650 will power 2 pair of 6.5" or 8" coaxials nicely, to a pair of 8, 9, 10 or 11" HLCD pretty solid. So id keep them if all is working, until they no longer fit the build plans.

Sounds like your boat did not come with any stereo. The head unit would be a Clarion, the speakers would be wet sounds xs-650. Would not have come with an amp unless there was a factory woofer. There would be a large hole if it was their originally. Would not have come with factory tower speakers, unless it had the woofer, 3 pair of in-boats and 5 chnl amp.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

chpthril,

Thanks for the info. I liked the Amazon price

As far as I can tell the Amps are good. By the sounds of it, they will do the job. Will assume the zx 700.4 would need to be used if I would put a sub in correct?

I wish it would have come with the xs-650.

Sounds like the stereo was put together after the boat was purchased.

I think, I'm leading towards the WS-220 to get the extra zone. Since I'm not audiofile, I don't see my self tweaking the sound with a EQ??
      15 Escalade ESV-Black
      08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Thats because authorized dealers do not advertise discount prices online. Unauthorized are free to do what they want, when and if they score some back-door gear. Trust me when I say their is value in working with an authorized dealer, even if the discount is not as much.

The zx700.5 should do fine, just need to pair with the right woofer.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
        X