Ignition w/ radio question???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignition w/ radio question???

I have a 2003 Tige 22V. I installed a Clarion M505 Radio and it's working great. It's wired so when you turn on the ignition, the radio comes on. I'm having a slight problem though. Most of the time everything works great, but sometimes you turn the ignition, and the radio does not come on. Maybe 1 out of 15-20 times the radio does not come on. When it doesn't come on, we can stop the boat and turn the ignition on/off a few more times, and eventually it will come back on and work fine again for a while. I've disconnected the electrical harness for the ignition and cleaned it with Deoxit cleaner, but it still happens. What do you think the problem is? Do you think it's a connection problem with the wiring, or is the problem in the ignition itself? I could hard wire the radio straight in to the battery, but I'm afraid it will be left on and drain the battery dead. Thanks for any input.

Brad

Why not hook the radio to a switch on the dash?

Comment

Does the ignition key have just OFF RUN and CRANK or does it also have ACC thats one click counter clock wise of OFF?

Honestly, it take it off the key switch and wire the IGN turn-on to a rocker
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I think it has acc too in the ignition, but I'll have to double check.

Comment

My ignition does have 4 positions, but nothing comes on when I turn it to the left counter clockwise position (ACC). I did find a problem when I was rewiring this. The Yellow and the Red wire from the Radio were both wired thru the ignition. I'm moving the Yellow wire straight to constant power, and the Red wire to a rocker switch so I can turn the radio on/off. I think that should fix my problem. Thanks for the input guys.

Comment

Thats the best way right there.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
            X