In boat speaker noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In boat speaker noise

Fired the boat up from her long winters nap and all is well except I hear a "fuzz" or distortion noise very briefly when turning the volume up or down with the master volume control on the WS-420. I believe it's isolated to only one speaker (I was alone and couldn't reach the volume knob and listen to other speakers from the helm). If it is just the one speaker, the wires have been knocked off of it before. I wiggled the connectors and tried to make sure they were seated correctly. After that the noise diminished in duration and loudness when adjusting the volume, but did not go away. No noise when I in the tower speakers, so I don't believe it's the 420 or the head unit. Didn't have any plyers handy to make sure the crimp was tight.

Wiring connection issue? Speaker issue? Amp issue? Ideas on where to start?

Stock WS cabin speakers from the factory.

Turn gain down on amp till it goes away??

Comment

I had some speaker isolated issues last summer and Chpthril gave me the advice to swap RCAs out. That cleared up my issue. I bought 3 new ones off amazon for pretty cheap.

Comment

Need to start by isolating/narrowing down to which speakers omit the noise. Then work backwards based on what they have in common as far as amp, amp chnls, signal cables, speaker wires, etc.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
        X