Amp Rack Standoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amp Rack Standoffs

This is a bit random. But what kind of standoffs are you guys using for your amp racks? I have the HDP on order. But I'm not really sure how high or what material to use for the stand offs. Also, any other tips for this project? My boat has the factory board behind the carpet already. So mounting this HDP board to it should be fairly straight forward.
    BABz - babzusa.com
    Austin, TX

I personally haven't built a standoff rack, but from what I've seen in others I would keep it simple and chop some 1" square aluminum pieces and either just bomb cam them or get a couple pieces of black vinyl sticker and wrap them real quick. Just snug screws a bit and then orient them so they aren't all crooked then tighten them up a bit more. Or youncould order some solid 1" extruded plastic stock, chop them to length, then drill out centers so weight of rack is riding on the stainless screws instead of friction doing all the work. Just some ideas. For guy that's selling his boat you sure are doing a lot of mods
    You decide to roll it for one more summer or just pumping the boat out before sale??

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
      I personally haven't built a standoff rack, but from what I've seen in others I would keep it simple and chop some 1" square aluminum pieces and either just bomb cam them or get a couple pieces of black vinyl sticker and wrap them real quick. Just snug screws a bit and then orient them so they aren't all crooked then tighten them up a bit more. Or youncould order some solid 1" extruded plastic stock, chop them to length, then drill out centers so weight of rack is riding on the stainless screws instead of friction doing all the work. Just some ideas. For guy that's selling his boat you sure are doing a lot of mods
      You decide to roll it for one more summer or just pumping the boat out before sale??
      I've seen several people doing the plates style setup. But since I already have the stock board under the carpet from Tige, I was thinking of going with something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/LuckIn-Stainl...ords=standoffs

I'm really just doing this to clean everything up and make it look nice. I'm still probably going to put the RZ4 up for sale. But my plan now is to get all of these things done so I can at least enjoy everything to the fullest until it sells. I also think everything will add to the value and hopefully make it sell faster. Especially the Taps3.
      BABz - babzusa.com
      Austin, TX

Comment

Easy: secure to .75 x 1 planks vertically to the existing board. Mount the new larger board to those, creating a raceway behind the wall for the cabling.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
          Easy: secure to .75 x 1 planks vertically to the existing board. Mount the new larger board to those, creating a raceway behind the wall for the cabling.
          Made out of HDP? Are those two planks down the center enough to support the 24x24 board?
          BABz - babzusa.com
          Austin, TX

Comment

HDPE, sure. Yes, plenty strong.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
            X