Wet Sounds 420 BT Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet Sounds 420 BT Question

I just installed a new WS 420 BT. I completely removed the old receiver so I am using the WS420bt as my head unit. The problem is the blue tooth input does not work at all. I have tried 3 different phones and none of them even see or recognize the ws420bt. The input switch is set to "BT". Any suggestions?

I always like to suggest your wet sounds dealer as being a front line resource for questions and concerns.

With that said, is the phone(s) "seeing" the WS-420? If seeing it, but fails to connect? or shows to pair/connect yet you dont get any output?

What about using a 3.5MM cable between the phone or other MP3 and the 420's AUX input with the source dial to AUX? does everything work normal then?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yes sir, the aux input works. When you select "bt" on the input dial the phone does not see the "WS420" at all. I tried 3 different phones with no luck.

Comment

Pull the inline fuse for the WS420BT to power cycle it. Wait a minute and plug fuse back in and see.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

IIRC your phone won’t show “ws-420” as a Bluetooth source. I think my old one was something weird like trk.... or something like that where you couldn’t tell it was the 420.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Wet Sounds 420BT and 220BT do actually show on the phones as such. Their universal BTs also show up as WW-BT

Comment

Update- I'll try to make a long story short...I was only using the "boat" output while testing the WS420 with my amps and speakers. I could never get the bluetooth to come on. I was only able to play music using an aux cord. As I finished installing my speakers I decided to test my sub before sealing it in the box. I connected a second set of RCA's to the "sub" output and when I powered up the ws420 it made a series of beeps. I had never heard that before so I flipped the input switch to check for bluetooth signal and BAM!...my phone immediately found "WS420-BT". I selected a song from itunes and it began playing. Upon further testing I also discovered that the RCA cable I had on the "boat" output was faulty. In conclusion I assume that since there was a faulty RCA cable on the only output I was using the ws420 never "initialized" or "woke up" (for lack of a better term). I dont understand how that would impact bluetooth operation. I called Wet Sounds and explained to them what happened and they were unsure of the cause. They think possibly I had low voltage on the remote power line to the ws420. I have not touched any connections to the ws420 but it is working great now. New RCA cables on both outputs and it rocks. Fosgate P3 12 under the helm exceeded my expectations (sealed box 1.21 cu ft).

Comment

2nd Update! Bluetooth not working again. When you power up the unit it no longer gives the series of beeps and the bluetooth signal is not there. Works perfect using the AUX input. I replaced wiring back to the power blocks and replaced the already new on/off switch just to make sure. Returning the unit for a replacement.

Comment

Working...
                X