Sub Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub Upgrade

I purchased some sub/s on CL that I'm going to try in my boat. They are the Orion XTR Pro 12. I plan on disconnecting the 2-WS 10FA's that I currently have in place. The one sub is currently in a ported box which I can fit under the drivers helm. If I like what I hear I'll prep the box to be more waterproof for the season and connect to the existing syn 6 that the 2-10 FA's are on. Over the winter next year I'll build a better box and was thinking of locating the second sub in the passenger locker.

I'm not a huge audiophile so where I get lost is what kind of amp I can get away with running both of these without breaking the bank? Enter Not WS here.lol. I know they aren't the best brand name but I used a PPi 900.4 for my pair of Rev 10's and they sound pretty damn good. Would the ppi 1000.1 work well? https://www.amazon.com/P1000-1-Preci...rds=ppi+1000.1

Subs: https://www.carid.com/images/orion/s...ers-manual.pdf

Looks like these woofer come in DVC. Are your particular subs 2 or 4 ohm? This makes all the difference on choosing the right amp.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Chpthril, dual 2ohm voice coil.

Comment

Power wise, id want to be in the 1200W rms @ 2 ohm range. My choice would be the Kicker KXMA1200.1 for those two.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks Mike

Comment

Mike, for the time being I plan on connecting the 1-12" that I have already in the ported box. Do I need to rewire anything on either the sub or amp side?

Comment

Just make sure the woofer is wired in series to present a 4 ohm load to the amp, then bridge it on chnls 5/6. Minor tweaking to the amp and you're good.

Comment

That's my box
                Attached Files
                If you wanna know what I did , come with me next time...

Comment

Working...
                X