Z3 subwoofer upgrade pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z3 subwoofer upgrade pictures

Does anyone have any pictures of a subwoofer upgrade in a Z3?
    If you wanna know what I did , come with me next time...

I did mine a while back... have to search for the thread
    Germaine Marine
    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...levatedconcept
      Germaine Marine
      "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

This is one of the cleanest I've seen.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ot-sub-upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by Detonate View Post
          This is one of the cleanest I've seen.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ot-sub-upgrade
          thats mine!

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies , sub being installed today with some other bells and whistles.

Comment

Is it a noticeable difference being in the box vs not? I actually was impressed with the factory sub on mine. I'm guessing '16-18' they didn't change anything. The Rev 10s on the other hand were horrible. No Lows, hardly any mids, and all highs. Sounded like giant tweeter speakers. I understand they are not subwoofers but on a bassy song at 3/4 volume those drivers should be bouncing. The dealer said its thanks to the new dsp amps (digitally tuned and you have no ability to turn up bass or gain, crossover, anything) and that Wetsounds had too many warranty claims on blown Rev 10s so they put them on a very conservative tune. Wetsounds confirmed this however their customer service is top notch! They sent me out a controller next day mail to my door, I reprogrammed my amp and sent it back. Much better now, although I would rather have a non dsp amp. But I did get a free Wetsounds Tshirt in the process...so I guess we cool. I would encourage anyone else with a new Tige that isn't feeling it from their tower speakers to ask your dealer or contact Wetsounds.

Comment

Is it a noticeable difference being in the box vs not?
                All other things being equal, like same size woofer and same amp wattage, a proper IB woofer will have comparable output to a woofer in a sealed enclosure. Ported enclosure gains leverage over both though. A sealed and IB wont sound the same, but the woofers can move comparable amounts of air.

The tower amp likely had the wrong tune profile installed, not a poor tune. Your dealer should have gotten a new (correct) dongle from Tige and reprogrammed it for you, rather then place blame on the amp. The DSP amps actually allow for a more precise tune. Its hard to blow a rev-10, but it can be done. I run mine @500W+ rms and 80Hz with no issue. With 200W rms, abuse or improper tune is about the only way to blow one.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                  All other things being equal, like same size woofer and same amp wattage, a proper IB woofer will have comparable output to a woofer in a sealed enclosure. Ported enclosure gains leverage over both though. A sealed and IB wont sound the same, but the woofers can move comparable amounts of air.

The tower amp likely had the wrong tune profile installed, not a poor tune. Your dealer should have gotten a new (correct) dongle from Tige and reprogrammed it for you, rather then place blame on the amp. The DSP amps actually allow for a more precise tune. Its hard to blow a rev-10, but it can be done. I run mine @500W+ rms and 80Hz with no issue. With 200W rms, abuse or improper tune is about the only way to blow one.
                  Well in the dealers defense I never brought the boat in to them to check out. Just gave the salesman a call and he assumed my complaint was what they have experienced with the new dsp amps. He also said and I would agree that the dsp amps did the in boats and sub some favors while the dsp's were sounding disappointing in the rev towers. I think the sub sounds great. I don't think the tower amp had the wrong tune. The new tune was only slightly better than the old. Not a night a day difference but anything is possible. The real test will be out on the lake. I've only listened to it in my garage and everything sounds loud in there.

Comment

Originally posted by CarFanatic View Post
                    thats mine!
                    What dealer in Cincy did that?

Comment

Wasn’t a dealer. Was a guy I know. He no longer does stereo stuff ��

Comment

Originally posted by CarFanatic View Post
                        Wasn’t a dealer. Was a guy I know. He no longer does stereo stuff ��
                        Gotcha thanks...

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Done and yes its ported. Tried to maximize the hp since i didnt go with the xxx

Comment

nice looking install. What was the internal enclosure volume?

Comment

Working...
                              X