Sound from Radio/Stereo cut out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound from Radio/Stereo cut out

I have a 2011 Tige Z1 with two batteries installed. If I turn just the one battery on, almost every time after about 5 minutes, stereo cuts out.

Wondering if I should be turning on both batteries instead of just the one? One side is the cranking battery and the other one is used as a house battery I thought.

Could it be that I have the batteries installed on the wrong side or is it something more to the problem?

Thankyou

Johnny79

With that style of switch, you are turning both batteries "on". Its a dual circuit switch. Although the cranking and deep cycled could be in the wrong position, the issue sounds like a bad battery, incorrectly wired after the batteries were pull/replaced or a cable just plain left off.

A good visual check as well as break out the volt test meter.

I think a 2011 still used the diode isolator. Slim chance its gone bad, but the volt meter will indicate this through testing.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thank you for your assistance with my dilemma. I will try that once I get the boat in the water etc, and let ya know.

Comment

Working...
      X