Does anyone have a kicker 700.5 Amp??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a kicker 700.5 Amp??

Just like the title says. I just found out my kicker zx 700.5 took a crap on me. I am hoping that someone has one collecting dust on a basement shelf and is willing to part ways with it. Please let me know what you have!

Ok, after further review I am really confused... I turn my boat key to acc and my 350.4 amp comes on green light, my 700.5 comes on red and then it instantly dims out to off. However when I use the remote sub controller it works and makes the sub "boom" harder or softer. The controller is plugged into the amp that doesn't seem to be on. I am also getting sound out of the speakers that are hooked up to the amp but it is very very quiet. Someone please help me!

Comment

Id start with a check of voltage across the main amp cables and the turn-on lead. Make sure the head unit fade/balance is centered.

So the sub seems to play normal but the speaker volume is low, even though the head unit volume is turned up? Are there RCA plugged into the SUB RCA inouts, meaning the woofer gets its signal direct form the head unit, or are the woofer inputs open, meaning the signal comes from through the amp from the other speakers?

Id swap the RCAs to the amp to another set of outputs at the back of the head unit. If the suspect amp is using the FRONT output, swap them to the REAR and see.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

SO I checked voltage to the amp and it is getting power, not a problem with that or with the remote wire.. I haven't had a chance to get in there and take everything apart but I think the amp is shot. When I turn the boat on the red light on the amp comes on for a split second and then dims out to black. I think if it was in protection mode the red light would just stay on correct?

Comment

Its been awhile, but it think that amp has a red protect light on the side and the front logo lights up under normal conditions. So can you clarify which light is coming on then dimming out?

i may have one, but cant remember if it works or not. Heading to shop shortly and will get it out and bench test it and see.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The light on the side, small rectangle. It comes on red for a second and then off...

Comment

I would consider it normal for the protect light to come on briefly at turn on, then go out.

Any chance the gain dials got bumped?

Comment

Yes very possible!! I had started messing with them.. is there a diagram that shows what they should be?
                Last edited by Carranza913; 02-17-2018, 04:29 PM. Reason: Need to add explanation

Comment

There are steps for tuning them by ear that you can google. Other wise, it can be done with test equipment. Past experience with that setup, about 11 oclock, or about 40% is about right.

Comment

I am assuming that could be the reason that it is going into protection mode?

Comment

I’ve got an kicker Kxma800.5 that was used only two days before I sold my old boat.I won’t be needing it anymore with the new boat. Shoot me an offer if you haven’t found one yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X