Subwoofer placement on a 2016 RZX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subwoofer placement on a 2016 RZX

Ok so I am having a bit of a dilemma. This is my first Tige and sub placement is a bit tougher than my previous Supras. I always went with under the drivers helm and had plenty of room. With this boat this isn't an option. Just not enough space and even if you opened up the helm wall on the drivers side there would be no room to create a box due to the ballast door being located in that compartment. Soooo I am guessing placing a woofer or two into the storage locker with a ported box and venting that locker into the cabin would be the best option? It should be noted that I love a LOT of bass . I am currently considering doing this with the Sundown ZV3 15" sub as they don't require a ton of air space and will be powering it with a soundqubed 2200.1 amp. Another question is which direction should the locker be vented? Will I lose a ton of the low end bass? Is there any other options that would be more efficient and still give me what I am looking for? I should also say that I will be leaving the WS sub in place. It has already been rewired so it provides decent bass. Just not to my liking. Thanks in advance for any help guys!

Outside of doing a lot of work to the factory location and go with a 10" that will handle 1000-1200 W rms and have a lot of excursion, the port mid-ship locker is about it.

Sundown ZV3 15" sub as they don't require a ton of air space
    3.0ft3. I hope thats gross, but likely its net, so does not account for woofer displacement and port structure. Thats still going to be a HUGE box.

Have you looked into the Wet Sounds Revo-15xxx? Full marine grade woofer. Enclosed magnet and no paper-based cone. Rubber spider.

Direction of a locker vent is really not an option. Id concentrate on having enough vent area.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I put a xxx12 under the driver helm of my RZX2 and also another behind the passenger seat pm me if you want some more info I will say though it takes a solid day to cut the hole for the custom box under the drivers side
      surf till u die.

Comment

Its hard to find a good pic, but I think the under helm wall is a little different on the RZX/RZX3 compared to the RZX2, which comes with the OEM woofer on that wall. I dont think a 10 or a 12 will fit. With that said, im sure it can be done with heavy modification and a new facade.

Cory, did you ever post pics for your once completed? I dont remember seeing them after wa last talked about your setup.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

According to the tech I spoke with at Sundown the 3 ft^3 does take into account displacement and port. They have box specs on their site.

When you say that I would need enough vent area are you referring to needing as large of a vent as possible put in place in order to get ample return from that setup? I have seen pics of people venting into the walkway in between the driver and passenger helm and I have also seen them vent towards the rear of the boat. Trying to get the most boom for my buck honestly.

Ive seen it done on a Malibu with a Treo 15" and it does take up quite a bit of room. He doesn't have a vent that opens up from the passenger helm into the interior of the boat though. He always just opens up the cushion and the port on the box is directed into the cabin.

I just want to be able to get some nice heavy bass without having to keep that area open to the elements all day.

Comment

Also did a quick check on the WS site and I am not seeing anything larger than the 12" Revo's. I haven't been the biggest fan of WS subs. Love their interior and tower speakers but the subs haven't been that impressive to me. Possibly because I haven't experienced a well put together system featuring those subs.

Comment

I will next time I’m around the boat I don’t think I posted up but let me do some checking
              surf till u die.

Comment

E10F299C-FE22-4859-A207-EAE3D1817CDE.jpg
                Here’s the hole I cut for the box
                surf till u die.

Comment

B8EA7B02-BE97-4091-ADF5-62BFC38E24F4.jpg
                  This is a mock-up box that I built before I built the real ones
                  surf till u die.

Comment

C3CF18EF-28D3-4D26-B322-1C60596B8D7A.jpg
                    Well you get the idea now but I can walk you through it too and I built the double netted boxes and got the ports from mike and it hits super hard I also built all my custom leds for venting the subs as well I can’t find a finished photo but I’ll check n see if it’s on my other phone if so I’ll post up
                    surf till u die.

Comment

Originally posted by 18c racing View Post
                      [ATTACH]47534[/ATTACH]
                      Well you get the idea now but I can walk you through it too and I built the double netted boxes and got the ports from mike and it hits super hard I also built all my custom leds for venting the subs as well I can’t find a finished photo but I’ll check n see if it’s on my other phone if so I’ll post up
                      Did you put a vent in that storage locker? You’re driver helm is definitely different that the rzx3. Not sure why they did that. You have a little more room to work with. Overall how’s the bass from the sun in the locker?

Comment

FF93B7CB-4B58-4D38-BEDF-DDD8332B7083.jpg
                        Here’s my vent and it’s rgb
                        surf till u die.

Comment

Looks phenomenal. Do you feel like you get good sound from that sub with the seat down? Also is your sub directed toward the back of the boat or toward the port or starboard side? Thanks for your help. I truly appreciate it.

Comment

Both subs fire towards the back of the boat and yes it loud and it makes water dance.
                            surf till u die.

Comment

Please quit posting stereo pics as im feeling grossly inadequate, lol
                              If you wanna know what I did , come with me next time...

Comment

Working...
                              X