LED Music Controllers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED Music Controllers

Guys, what’s the current accepted solution for a music controller for Led speaker rings and cup holders? MY LEDs are diy cheap strips, not the wetsound or JL solution.

Should I just go with an offbrand music controller? I’d love to control from the dash, but $400 for the wetsound light sync 4 seems overly expensive compared to a $15 off brand with remote.

If I can’t control from dash, I’d prefer using my phone, than having to find a remote in the dark to change colors.

(Totally get I could at least put an on-off switch on my dash)

Any suggestions on the route that has the best results for the money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are we talking RGB or single color?

An on-off switch to power up or down, the RGB controller, would be a separate discussion from the controller itself. As long as the RGB controller is wired to the boat side of the master battery switch and has a remote/app that has an ON/OFF button, a toggle is not needed, but can be implemented.

Single color ON/OFF you for sure need a switch. I have not explored some type of "controller" for single color LEDs, other then we have used a dimmer on a couple of boats.

I have used Wet Sounds RGB Music controller on a number of installs, and real happy with it. i have one on my display currently. Not a bad setup for $99. Now, you can find similar for less if you do enough looking. But, I dont know if they use a coated PCB for the marine environment. That may not matter to everyone.

Id steer clear of the inexpensive controllers that claim to do everything including the laundry. Once you get it, its so F'n complicated to setup and program, then it doesnt work like you thought. The instructions are so poorly translated and mostly incomplete.

I have not explored some type of "controller" for single color LEDs,
    I take that back, I have one in stock. its a single color controller that has a few light modes, speed and dimmer.
    Last edited by chpthril; 01-23-2018, 05:12 PM.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I tried a couple of these and finally gave up. http://www.supernight.cc/supernight-...e-control.html This one always bench tested really well but just wouldn't work once installed in the boat. I liked this one as it has the dial to adjust the sensitivity as any motor vibration or stomp of a foot would change the lights. I know use this http://www.supernight.cc/supernight-...ler-dc12v.html and it's definitely more sensitive and has no options to adjust but it does work. I have all my cup holders on a regular RGB controller and all my speaker rings on this controller.

I've otherwise bought all my LED's from SuperNight and been happy with their products. I also like them because they are in Portland so shipping is fast.

Comment

Yeah this would be RGB, chpthrl.... I guess my desire for a dash controller is just so I don’t have to dig around in the dark for a remote... I’d like to be able to turn off quickly as I’m on a highly policed lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A master toggle to interrupt the controller's B+ would do the trick. There are a couple RGB controllers out there that can be used with an app, I just have not used one yet, so I cannot recommend for or against one.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Have this in my boat and love it. http://www.xkchrome.com/

Comment

^oooooh. I do like that. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Working...
              X