Tower speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tower speakers

I want to add a pair of rev10s to my tower. I am currently running a pair of rev8s with a syn2 powering them. Would a syn4 be sufficient for the rev10s or is there an amp that would push both the rev8s and 10s?

The Syn-DX4 (or the retired Syn-4) are solid amps for a single pair of Rev-10. An SDX-6 would drive all 4. Either way, the Rev-10 are really going to dominate the smaller rev-8.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

what would you recommend, the revs are a little weak when out surfing

Comment

Tower speakers

I suggest going with either another set of Rev 8’s to match the existing Rev 8’s. Chpthrl is the man to talk to about it, but he is correct in that the Rev 10’s will over take the smaller Rev 8’s. Have you had your system tuned? I had a single pair of Rev 8’s on my old Tige and they were crystal clear at wakeboard length. I run 4 Rev 10’s on my Z3 now, not sure it projects any further than my Rev 8’s did, but the mid bass and clarity are much better... I run my 4 Rev 10’s off an SD2 amp and am running them close to max rms wattage and they crank! If your not sure how to tune your system, I would have a local stereo shop tune it and try that first, unless your dead set on having 4 towers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by cbath; 11-23-2017, 06:03 PM.

Comment

I installed a per of Rev 8’s over the summer, I would like to add a pair of Rev 10’s in the future. I emailed Wetsounds for their suggestion. Below is the reply from the president:

Hi Brian

If your only wanting to run one pair of REV 10 or the REV 8. A SYN 4 bridged is perfect for 400x2. On the rev 8, you will gain the amp down to get in the 200-300 watt range. So run properly, it's perfect. I always like running more power than RMS and having more headroom

So be aware you have a great amp and speaker set up now. But when you add the second set later. You will need to change the amp to our SYN DX 2, SYN DX 2.3HP or SD-2. Or add another SYN 4 and have one SYN 4 bridged per pair.

Set them on high pass around 80hz to start and set the gains

Tim White
          President

Thought this might help. Also, Thanks Chpthril for your help, my system sounds great!

Comment

I went from 4 rev 8’s to 2 rev 10’s in my boat. The 10’s blow the 8’s away. I’m very happy with the sound and love having less on my tower.

Comment

Originally posted by menu0722ve View Post
              what would you recommend, the revs are a little weak when out surfing
              Elaborate on weak
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The boats engine over powers the tower speakers but they sound great when the boats not running. The speakers are tuned properly.

Comment

A pair of Rev-8 with 200W rms should not be drowned out by the engine. Even a pair of Icon-8 should be heard surfing. Are they angled too high? Aimed bad? Are you sure the tune is proper? Are you sure the horns are working? Do you have zone control so you can turn down the interior volume allowing the tower speakers to be cranked?

Comment

Ill have to double check the tune and maybe adjust the angle. I have the ws420bt. Thanks for the tips

Comment

Working...
                    X