Anyone installed 2 subs in a Z3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone installed 2 subs in a Z3

We have 2016Z3 and just curious if anyone has installed a second sub. Any location and box type suggestions would he appreciated.

I would just like some more thump. Ive seen the stock location modified to fit a sealed box but I don't want to give up leg room.

I would install a 2nd xs-10fa (or revo-10fa) right next to the existing woofer. This gives you the most symmetric system. Amp wise, id go with the HTX-1 and a 2 ohm woofer.

With that said, have found the sub volume knob thats typically hidden under the dash, below the steering wheel? Next, I like to always revisit the amp tuning for the woofer and make sure that the back of the woofer is not enclosure from the factory. Two things that impact the woofers performance.

A sealed enclosure and new woofer setup can be done under the helm without any noticeable loss of leg room. Like less that 6" encroachment into the foot area. The Revo-12HP 4 ohm would be a perfect match for the amp and you can match the grill to the original xs-650 speakers.

Next option is yo just upgrade the xs-10fa to the Revo-12fa and retune the amp. Nearly a plug and play swap as the revo-12fa does not require a small enclosure to the built. Just need enlarge the hole and in some cases, open the structure up that covers the back of the woofer.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I rewired my stock 10FA and opened up the airspace behind it. It made a very noticeable difference in output. However I wouldn't say it "hits" very hard. It fills out the sound for sure. It's a good thing to try for no cost.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback on the rewire and opening up. Would you have any pics of how it looks opened up for context? Any instructions on rewiring? I've notice my sound is not what I expected either on my 16z3 with the same setup.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

On your 2016, the woofer is already bridged on chnl 5/6 of the amp. Thats the rewire mentioned above, that can be done on earlier models.

Here are a couple pics of an R20. Finding the volume knob, reworking the helm wall and re-tuning the amp can make some significant improvements.

IMG_20151105_140328_298.jpg

IMG_20151105_144615_991.jpg
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Holy s#!t , thats rediculous! Absolutely incredible!
              If you wanna know what I did , come with me next time...

Comment

thats a serious setup! And i thought my 4 Rev10 was loud

Comment

Working...
                X