Speaker/amp problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker/amp problem

Hey guys! I've got a set of sw-650s in my bow and 4 xs-650s in the cockpit of my boat. Last time I was out I noticed one of my sw-650 in the bow was playing at a very low volume compared to all the others. I could hear the music playing through it but just barely. I checked the connections on the back of the speaker and the HTX-6 amp that's pushing them. No joy. What gives? Anybody got any ideas what I should be looking for/into?
    Thanks in advance

Are they wired to their own chnls, not paired with any other speakers? If so, are those speakers receiving their own dedicated RCA signal or is this signal also feeding chnls playing normal? Check things like fade and balance in the head unit.

The amp settings are are covered so would not expect an accidental change resulting in the speakers all of a sudden not playing normal. Would be curious to know what the amp setting are anyway. Without hearing them myself, sounds like the tweeters could be out. With no tweeter, a woofer sounds quite or muffled. With the volume at a moderate level, push in on the woofer cone with slight pressure to stop its movement for a moment. Pretty much anything left is from the tweeter. Should be most all of the vocals.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

All the speakers are on their own channels, one rca signal for all the inboats. I can't remember exactly where I have all the settings but I know I set it conservatively. I'll check them tomorrow. Kinda weird because they were all sounding great recently. Thanks Chpthril

Comment

also of course a easy check is to swap that speaker with a different channel, and if the problem remains you know the speaker is the issue.

Comment

Sorry for the delay getting back to you guys. Thanks for the suggestions from you both! I had a chance to get the boat out again and check into the stereo issue. Today the speaker that I was having issues with was working fine initially, about 5 minutes later I started getting a distorted, crackling sound out of all the inboats. I'm beginning to think that I may have an issue with my wet sounds htx-6.

Chpthril- the amp settings are as follows.
          Input mode ch 3-4 is on 4 channel. Input mode ch 5-6 is on 6 channel. The gain is set about a 1/4 of the way up on each channel and the x-overs are set to high with the freq at 110. I made sure all the speaker wire plugs were in tight as well as the rca cables.

Comment

Swap the RCAs at the amp and then again at the back of the head unit. Could also be upstream like and RCA or the head unit outputs.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Replaced all my RCAs and the problem is gone. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
              X