Wiring Rev 8's to Wet Sounds Syn 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring Rev 8's to Wet Sounds Syn 4

I have ordered a Syn 4 amp to power a pair of Rev 8's and wondering the best way to wire it. First let me describe how the remaining system is set up. I believe it to be as it came from factory, minus the Rev 10's and amp the previous owner removed. I have a Clarion CMD6 head unit, 6 Wet Sounds XS-650's. Two in the bow, four in the rear, all being fed from the left and right Front lead from head unit. A single Wet Sounds XS-10 woofer powered from the non- fader leads and the left and right Rear will feed the new Syn 4. Output from the Syn 6 is channel 1 & 2 power the pair in the bow, channels 3 and 4 receives input from channels 1 & 2 and powers the remaining 4 from output channels 3 & 4. The woofer is bridged to output channels 5 & 6.

All speakers are 4 Ohm and I am wondering what is the best way to wire to Syn 4? As i read the specs, I can have two channels at 400 watts in mono. Is that the best way, and how do I wire for that result. I am concerned that with the input only from the Rear leads, I will have issues. Also if there is a better way to set up the rest of the system I would like to hear any suggestions.

retired Syn-4 or current Syn-DX4? Makes a difference when you get down to the RCA inputs and some of the other settings.

I would run the speakers bridged. Thats a lot of wattage for an 8" speakers, so tuning needs to be spot on.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

It is a never-been-used Syn 4, I should receive by this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Brianrzr View Post
        It is a never-been-used Syn 4, I should receive by this weekend.
        Brian if you send me a picture I can show u how to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks, but I already have it set up. It sounds great!

Comment

Working...
          X