Speaker help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker help

I have 2 bazooka double ended speakers that came with my boat. Well one of the speakers decided it wanted to take a crap on me. What I want to know is would I be able to replace the blown speaker without having to buy the whole thing? MT8265B.jpg

Very good question and one likely answered by some at Bazooka. Those drivers (individual speakers) are specific to bazooka, so a replacement driver would have to come from them.

Now, with that said, let me ask this. Is the entire pod silent, as in both the front an rear firing driver not playing? IIRC, that setup consist of two 4 ohm speakers. if one died, the other could still play. So if the whole pod is silent, look deeper like wiring, pod terminals, amp or amp signal input. If just the forward or rear speaker is silent or bad sounding, you are on the right path to seek out a replacement driver.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I haven't had much chance to diagnose it. As of right now nothing works but in the of chance it is the speaker I was just curious if just the speakers could be replace and not the whole unit. Physically the wiring coming out of the pod looks good.

Comment

I find it odd that both speakers would be blown simultaneously. You can disconnect the speaker wires from the pod and put an ohm meter on the terminals and get a quick idea of whats going on. I think its a 2 ohm pod. Swap leads at the amp and also RCAs as well and see if the problem stays or moves.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
        X