Amp wiring for sub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amp wiring for sub

I have a Wet Sounds Syn 6 amp, the inboat XS-650's are wired on channels 1 through 4. My sub is connected only to channel 5, and nothing to channel 6. My question is should the sub be wired to both channel 5 and channel 6?

Originally posted by Brianrzr View Post
    I have a Wet Sounds Syn 6 amp, the inboat XS-650's are wired on channels 1 through 4. My sub is connected only to channel 5, and nothing to channel 6. My question is should the sub be wired to both channel 5 and channel 6?
    yes, black on channel 5 and other on channel 6.

Comment

20170817_123946.jpg

Comment

The speaker wire color just determines the woofers phase, so not nearly as important as connect to the proper chnl 5 terminal and proper chnl 6 terminal in order to have a properly bridged woofer. You will need to terminate to the chnl 6 + and chnl 5 -. Now, to be at zero phase with the in-boats, you will connect the woofer's + to chnl 6 and woofer's - to chnl 5. Inverting them puts the woofer in 180* phase to the in-boats, which sometimes works best.

You will also need to reset the amp gain for chnls 5/6 when going from single chnl to bridged mode. This presumes all other settings are correct.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I bridged my 10FA and never looked back. Output increases quite a bit. Opening up the cavity down there into the bow also helps an equal amount. I highly recommend both items.

Comment

Working...
          X