Replacing Clarion CMD6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing Clarion CMD6

Does anyone know if I can swap my Clarion CMD 6 to a CMD 8. The 6 is having some serious issues, iPod/iPhones intermittently connect and disconnect. Also having communication issues with the Tigé touch. I have a wireless remote, no transom remote. I'd replace it with another CMD 6, but can't seem to find any(discontinued). 2014 Z1 with Bluetooth.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just upgraded my stereo (non Tige touch boat) and used Rockford PMX units and I could not be happier. Bluetooth works well and I like having the ability to see the full display on the wired remote.

Comment

The cmd6 and cmd8 both use the 8-pin remote plug, so the chances are good. However, im not sure they use the same remotes, despite both being 8-pin cables. Slight chance there was a change in the protocol that your TT is not going to recognize.\8
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Went down this route earlier this summer, though was on a 22ve without TT but had a CMD 6. There was a difference in arrangement of pins to keep remotes working. Our service manager found some Canadian dude on freaking Etsy that is making an adapter to keep remotes active. Was a chopped, soldered, and heat shrink job. The display won't work but buttons will. If you can't find it I will try to get the info from our service manager. He's out on vacation right now so may be a week or so... believe it was only thing we could find to keep helm and transom remotes working.
        Last edited by freeheel4life; 08-09-2017, 02:35 AM.

Comment

I really don't care if remote works. More worried about tige touch screen showing artist and song info and allowing volume/track select control. I think I'll give clarion a call tomorrow too. See what they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I dont believe it will work with tige touch, but i could be wrong. One issue i have seen is ive had the 8 pin communication cable break a wire somewhere on the inside causing issues. Are you using bluetooth and the ipod disconnects? Or is it directly hooked up to aux cord? Ive had a few different boats where the customer thought they had a bad head unit, and it always turned out to be a different issue, with usually a cable, whether it was the aux cord they were using, or a bad din cable.

Comment

Pin arrangements are definitely different. Found that out when I was looking to add a transom remote to my boat over the winter and had to find the older style to work with my CMD6

Comment

When the head unit starts acting up. None of the buttons for stereo stop working on TT screen or stereo itself. Can't change volume even with rotary Knob on deck. Clarion says to send it to them in offseason, they can fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

http://www.clarion.com/us/en/user-su...re/audio/CMD8/

At one time I was told you could update the firmware on the CMD8 to talk with the tige touch. I did not realize that the 8 had a different connector than the 6.
                  Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                  X