2017 Z3 stereo hissing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Z3 stereo hissing

I have read of the stereo clipping but never hissing, has anyone experienced this? If so how did you remedy the problem. It seems to happen when bluetooth is hooked up. I can turn screen off and disconnect bluetooth then turn it back on and it stops for a while but restarts. Today is the first time it happened and i just want to nip it in the bud so to speak. Thanks for any help.
    If you wanna know what I did , come with me next time...

Hot topic tonight http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...9-Speaker-Hiss
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by Langwell View Post
      I have read of the stereo clipping but never hissing, has anyone experienced this? If so how did you remedy the problem. It seems to happen when bluetooth is hooked up. I can turn screen off and disconnect bluetooth then turn it back on and it stops for a while but restarts. Today is the first time it happened and i just want to nip it in the bud so to speak. Thanks for any help.
      It has happened to ours since really day 1. Doesn't do it all the time, every trip but does seem to be happening more lately and static is getting worse.
      Think last weekend it was probably 10-12 times it did it in the span of a few hours. Got to the point we just left the stereo off for a while.
      Waiting for a response from someone for a fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had the problem since I bought it last year. 2012 Z1. Changed out my head unit one its gone. It was a ground somewhere in the radio. All good now, not a peep

Comment

I have a 2017 Z3. We had the same problem. Apparently a lot of Z3s were shipped out without resisters. Talk to your dealer or call wetsounds. Ours shipped out within a few days. They're simple to connect and the static in our tower was gone immediately. Only problem is now o have static in the aft and bow. Checking to see if that's a resister problem or if it's my amp. But I do know the resisters fixed my tower speakers immediately.

Comment

definatly make sure you have a resistor on your amp.

Comment

Completely new amps on the way for me, supposed to be installed this week, I was told they are re-flashed with a new tune that takes care of both the clipping and the hissing.

Comment

Langwell - I posted an update in my thread on the same issue linked above by chpthril.
                Did you get anywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X