2017 Z3 Satellite Radio Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Z3 Satellite Radio Install

I just picked up my new 2017 Z3 this week and want to install the satellite tuner #SXV300V1. The question is, since this boat don't have a head unit and all radio functions are through the TT where does the SXV300V1 connect? This is my 4th Tige and all the others have had a head unit in the glove compartment, this new one don't so I'm a bit confused... Even more than usual!
    Any help or suggestions would be great.

No stereo guy but my thoughts maybe you plug it into the aux on the back
    surf till u die.

Comment

I read somewhere the 17s aren't compatible. I would just try using the AUX.

Comment

The SXV300 is the standardized universal SAT receiver. It has a specific data plug to interface, so no means to connect it to a 3.5mm AUX audio in.

I know the marine audio brand unit on the R series is not SAT ready, but I do not know about the media interface on the other models. One tip would be if there is the SAT logo ghosted on the TT or is it shown in the dealer menu. If not, good chance it was also left out of the design.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the quick responses. I guess sat ready don't mean sat ready!

Comment

So where is it indicated that the system is SAT ready? For better then 15 years, that has indicated that all thats needed is the proper receiver and the antenna plugged up and call Sirius and activate the ESN.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I made the same mistake -- nowhere in the literature does it actually say SAT ready, and my dealer didn't even know at the time that it was dropped with the new black box setup.

I went with a Commander Touch. I have a combination Aux/USB port next to the throttle. I followed the cable up to the front side of the helm and found the connection for the AUX line at the Murphy box, I believe it was using Analog2. Used a 3.5mm to RCA cable and plugged in there, and now I have SAT radio when I select Aux on the TT. Had to play with the output level adustment on the Commander Touch to get things to sound right (it distorts really bad at high levels). I installed the SAT antenna next to the GPS antenna in front of the driver's windshield.

For power, I had an open fuse spot on the Blue Sea fuse panel under the helm, added a fuse and got the +12v there. Connected ground to the buss bar under the helm. I tee'd the trigger into the output line from the TT blue button so that the Commander Touch only comes on when the TT powers up.

I had a lot of extra noise using this setup -- rather than trying to run a new +12v or ground, I installed a noise filter into the power and ground connections and it cleaned up the whine completely.

For the actual touch screen, I had to enlarge one of the drain holes in the pocket below the TT to fit the connector through, and it just sits in the back. I didn't attach it, I just left some slack in the line so that if I want, I can pull the control out to make it easier to scroll through lists. If I were more brave, I would probably mount it permanently in the upholstery beside the steering wheel.

When my sound system was working, the whole setup worked great. The issues I'm having are unrelated (amp clipping and media connection error).

Here are a few pics:

Comment

Working...
              X