Kicker zxmrlc install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kicker zxmrlc install

Hey guys! I picked up a kicker zxmrlc dual zone volume controller. I've ran all the wires already and its pretty straightforward but I'm curious about one thing. Is it okay to tie the 12V D.C. Yellow wire into my head units 12V power supply and same thing with the blue remote wire and black ground wire? I figured that would work fine but wanted to make sure I wasn't going to get interference or fry something hooking it up that way. I'm attaching the directions they include.
    Thanks!

image.jpg
    Attached Files

The blue wire will turn on the unit. Your head unit sends a signal saying "Turn On". So it absolutely has to be tied to the head unit. The other two lines just need to go to 12V and ground. For 12V you probably want the switched 12V. That means it is only on when the boat is on.

The only problem you could possibly run in to is overdrawing current on the 12V circuit, but I doubt that thing will draw enough to matter.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Jonniemo. I understand how the remote line works with amps etc.. I just wanted to make sure that daisy chaining the unit off the decks 12v and ground would be ok without causing any issues. The directions are literally just a diagram so Im guessing any 12v source and ground works. The main lines and distribution blocks are close enough I think I'll just run a wire from the B+ line and - to the unit.

Comment

The exact point those wires can very from application to application, way to many to show, better off keeping general. if you look at the standardized wire colors of a modern head unit, you may also some correlation. With that said, it absolutely matters where the B+ and B- terminate. Wrong spot and you get unwanted noise.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I ended up just running a line from each of my + and - distribution blocks to the kicker unit and tied the blue remote lead into the lead off the deck along with the amps remote lines.
          Last edited by Jetdriver; 06-30-2017, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X