LED Speaker rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED Speaker rings

Mike from MLA and those other do it yourselfer's out there. I have some of the acrylic speaker rings that MLA had cut a few years back. What glue has been found to work the best at gluing on the LED strips to the clear ring in making lighted speaker rings? One that will last thru the heat, cold and vibration.
    Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

I'd use clear permatex or gorilla glue both have worked great for me
    surf till u die.

Comment

I may be wrong but I believe that alot of the LED strips come with tape on the back, mine stuckinside the rings just fine without any glue.

Comment

Originally posted by dilligaf622 View Post
        I may be wrong but I believe that alot of the LED strips come with tape on the back, mine stuckinside the rings just fine without any glue.
        Yes but they need to face the other way so the lights shine thru the ring. I used a gel super glue but it does not hold 100 percent.
        Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

5 minute epoxy will do the trick and dries pretty transparent.

Comment

In most cases, once the ring is in place between the speaker basket and boat, the strip stays in place. However, there are times where the strip may release from the ring and noticeably fall out of place. As long as the strip's silicone encapsulation is intact, you can glue it back into the ring with clear super glue. A dab between the LEDs about every 1.5". Before reattaching the strip, take a razor and clean the old glue off the ring. Not much you can do with the strip.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
            X