Head unit power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head unit power

I have finally figured out how to set stations and time on my Clarion CMD 6. Problem is when I turn my battery switch off, I lose all presets and time. Is it wise to connect to constant power source like the bilge. I do realize there will be a continuous draw on battery. I use the boat nearly everyday.

Some headunits have a separate connector that powers only memory. Connecting that shall be fine. You can measure how much it consumes.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Comment

Brian,

If you look close at the amps' power cables, you should see one of them has a yellow wire wire piggybacked in with the its main red B+ cable. This is the head unit's MEM/B+. You can relocate it direct to the battery in order to retain memory. You just need to make sure you connect it to the same battery B+ as the amps' B+ draw from. If it gets connected to the main cranking battery, you will likely end up with noise. Just make sure to fuse it as well.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
        X