2011 RZ4 upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 RZ4 upgrades

SYN6 powering Wetsounds XS-10FA-S4V2 on chnl5/6 bridged + chnl 1-4 inboats (XS65?)
    SYN2 powering Wetsounds Pro60s (I plan on upgrading to Icon8)

Currently have issues with sub cutting out. All other channels fine. The amp was sent to Wetsounds and checked ok. However it seems my frequency dial for chnl5/6 is the issue. It seems to turn completely 360 degrees and sometimes get it back for a short while. What other amp can I replace this SYN6 with that is not Wetsounds?

I'd also like to know if I can squeeze a 12 in the existing location and how that would change the decision on the amp replacement (not going to 3 amps). The sub seems to be installed in a box and appears to be sealed as I put my anchor in the locker in front of the helm.

Thanks.

If its the helm structure, its not a sealed woofer enclosure by any stretch of the imagination. This needs needs to addressed which ever direction you go woofer wise.

Kicker KXM400.4 and KXM400.2 would deliver equivalent wattage to both in-boats and woofer. However, if you are going to upgrade the woofer, Id suggest going with a 2 ohm woofer and mono amp such as the Kicker KX800.1. Yes, this is a 3 amp setup, but its a solid setup. Perfect opportunity to also upgrade the cabling and clean that all up to a trunk/branch setup.

To stick with a 2 amp setup, id suggest the Kicker KXM800.5 and a 2 ohm 12" woofer.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

So let's assume I keep this sub for now. What is the best way to convert that space into a true FA setup?

Comment

Remove the woofer and cut a large hole behind it to open it to the forward locker.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
        X